Chapter 49: Goodbye my love

"He's fucking dead" Niall screams before grabbing his phone and what I assume call my father. "It's Zayn, Liam took him out of the hospital. Do you guys have any clue where he is ?" Niall asks while shifting his feet. "Great, I'm going there. Can someone take care of Haley while I'm gone ?". I heard his voice crack. He might hate Zayn temporally for liking me but he doesn't hate him. It's his brother.

"Thank you, I'll get back to the house and drop Haley off before going". Niall puts his phone back into his pocket again and started walking to the car with a quick pace.
"I'm coming with you" I told him before after grabbing his arm. He quickly pulled his arm away and continued his walk.

"I'm being serious about this N" I argued once again. I can't let him do this on his own. It I'll kill him.
"Stop fucking talking, let's go home" he said before stepping into the car.

After a car ride full of silence we were home.
"It's time to talk" I said while turning around so I could see Niall's face.
"You got 10 minutes before I'm going so you better make it quick" he said firmly. His tone of voice reminded me of the first time we were talking.

"I'm going with you and that's it, if you're going alone you're dead" I told him truthfully. I know Liam. He doesn't give people a chance when he doesn't care about them.
"Love" he said before grabbing me by my waist. "I'm not gonna let you risk your life for me, I've been trying to protect you ever since your dad asked me to. Even though I haven't really been good at it" he started joking.

"Another guy will protect you while I'm gone, and with a bit of luck Liam won't be alive after" he said before giving me a quick hug. That's when I realized. I might not see Niall anymore. Even if he survives and he kills Liam  he still won't be here cause I don't need the protection anymore.

"Niall" I whispered softly.
"Yes,darling."
"There's a chance we won't be able to see each other anymore." I said. Once I said it I felt it sink in. We've been trough so much together already. I can't just let him go. He's different from others. He doesn't need anyone. He doesn't need sympathy nor loyalty. He lived on his own.

"I know babe, but I gladly trade my life for yours and Zayn's" he said quietly.
"Please be careful" I begged him before grabbing him by his waist and hugging him tightly. "I will" he reassured me before giving me quick kiss on my head.

"Promise me you'll behave, I know the guy your dad asked to take care of you. He's a good guy, don't get mad at him". His comment made me laugh. He know me too well. "I'm gonna miss you Niall" I confessed to him.
"I'm gonna miss you too."
"I'm sorry for all the stupid shit I did, you know how I feel about you and I should have never acted like such a jerk to you and Zayn."

His words warmed my heart. Maybe it's because this might be the last time I see him or the fact that he's opening up to me but I was falling in love with him. I've always had a thing for him but I never thought being with him could be a possibility. Why do I always realize things at moments like this ?.

Before I knew it I was already kissing him. You could see that he was caught of guard but he didn't pull away. I could smell his cologne which smelled woody. I felt my heart skip a beat when he cupped my face with his hands. While we were making out we could hear an car honking. Niall pulled away and stared at my face intensely.

"I love you." He said before grabbing his keys and opening the door.