THE CURSE OF LOVE; 2

❖

TWO VIVID, LUSTROUS DAYS OF sunlight and one starless night. He has been on my mind, continuously. My thoughts have traveled far and near looking for an explanation as to this feeling, I have been feeling. Six months is all it took for me to fall in love with him. The way he intangled his hand with mines as he guided me through crowds of people. The way he would wait until I fell asleep to hang up the phone. He doesn't know it but I hear when he would say,

"Good night, mon amour." Before the call is ended, a blissful smile would decorate my face at the sound of this.

I loved it all.

For him, I have yet to know his true feelings towards me.

It's like when she is around all he could see is her and only her. A silent connection between them was all it took for me to get a glimpse of what he felt for her.

A ringing sound engulfed my ears, shaking me out of a dreamland, letting me know that third period was over. I got up from my desk and threw my bag over my shoulder.

I traipse my way to the massive gateway that will release me from the room of doom which is science class.

"May, are you alright?"

Mr. Arlen, my science teacher, questioned. His parakeet eyes shined with worry as he took in my appearance. I had bags or luggage you may say under my eyes, a frown upon my face showed sadness in the most.

"Um, yeah. I am." I lied which I have been doing a lot recently about my feelings.

"Are you sure?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed in uncertainty of my answer.

"Yes," I replied, not wanting to be in this interrogation. "Can I go now?"

He simply nodded his head, his sepia hair cascaded down upon his broad shoulders. He continued to entertain himself in grading our past exam.

I made my way out, deciding to go to the library for my free period, to finish up my Social Studies homework that is due today. I ambled wearily to the corner of glass windows that the suns beams have been brought through, leading to the library.

Then I saw him and her.

His plush lips placed on hers that have been on mine. His rough hands gliding over her faultless body that was on mine. But then again she was his, first.

My body stayed rigid unable to understand the scene in front of me. The ether breeze intertwined with the tress of my hair. My throat ran dry like the Sahara desert. The feeling of my lungs shriveling up, the breath being snatched from my body was real.

He seemed to notice a presence. He slowly removed his lips from her and his gazed landed on me. A swirl of emotions emitted from his eyes, shock, regret, and pain. For her, she just slipped away, not wanting to be in this mess.

"I'm done." The words dripped from my lips, willingly. My vision started to blur. I looked at the one I used to love and somehow I still do.

"W-what do you mean?" He took a step forward while I stepped back.

"I'm done with you. W-with us." My voice filled the emptiness in the hall but not my heart.

"May, come on. You don't have to leave me. We can forget about this and move on, doll." He pleaded, walking towards me.

"I love you." I dismissed what words splattered from his mouth for awhile.

I held my right hand up, gesturing for him to move back. I didn't want to be comforted, I just wanted to be alone.

"THAT'S THE THING! I can't forget about this. Our relationship was built on lies! The pain I had to endure, that you caused had burdened me for a very long time," a sorrowful tear slipped from my eyes. My fingers swiftly wiped the tear.

I was ashamed that I was crying over someone who didn't love me in the first place. Our relationship was like a facade waiting to be broken, all of took was one kiss for it to shatter into fragmented pieces.

"You told me you were over her but I guess not. J-just let me be." A deep, longingly breath melted on my tongue.

I walked away not spearing him a second glance. He didn't dare chase after me. I hid behind his love like a silhouette, desperately praying that his love could fill the perforation of my used, void heart. In the end, I was looking for something that was never there.

"Sometimes I love you isn't enough. Those three words that were filled with meaning and hope are now three empty words." I whispered softly to myself. I stared intensely at my gelid hands, having no one to hold, to bring them warmth.

I LET THE SMOKE CLOUD my lungs. The drink that ceases for me to exist dripped through my crimson, fluid systems as it numbs the pain of losing her. I caused May pain as did her. The person I loved the most doesn't love me back for I gave her up. How hypocritical am I to cause that to another. My thoughts of my non-compos mentis mind wandered to her.

I pondered on how a soft, eloquent spoken woman could cause the heart to fracture into two.

One fragment clung on to her divine figure as if without her the body would suffocate for she was the pristine, genial air that one needs to survive.

The other slipped away out of reach, locked in the profundity of the mind. Wails and lament fade as I go through evanesce.

A light, tender voice that reminded me of May, in my head always questioned my response to not having her in my grasps.

❝Was she of that importance that you are in the depths of misery?❞

"I guess she was..." The sweet smoke oozed onto the crisp air, putting me in the mist of a daze.

Thank you for reading this chapter of The beautiful and the damned.

Mon Amour- my love

Dedicated to apollonic

Tell me your thoughts and feelings towards the end of the first story.

Question: What is your favorite wattpad book?

Mine is "Dark warrior: God's of Rome" and "The best friend of my crush"

Tis not edited...