chapter two

________________________________
7:44P.M.

Snuggled in my softest sherpa-like blanket, I grab my notebook out of my backpack, attempting not to think about earlier. I missed Liv (and Katie) so much and as much as I loved Hayden, sometimes I needed some girls to talk to about the types of things Hayden could
care less about. As I flipped to the page where I was beginning to write the new song,
something caught my eye in the top left corner.

Dear Annie,
This isn't Liv writing this. This isn't anyone you know who is writing this. But I'm going to call you today. I will call you at 7:45P.M. If you don't answer, there will be consequences. And you're probably wondering, how do I have your number? Maybe you shouldn't leave it on the "RETURN IF LOST" tag in the back of this notebook.
Sincerely, Your Worst Nightmare

I shuddered in fear. If this wasn't Liv, who else could've had my book? Was it Brooke? Jayden? Kenzie? Was it even someone from my gym class? Before I could continue thinking about this problem, my phone starting ringing. "No Caller ID" was the name.

"Hello?" I say, my voice cracking.

"Hi Annie." a deep voice replies. It was too hard to detect the voice, as it was almost edited to sound like a demon.

"What do you want?" I ask sternly.

"You don't know what you did. But you're going to regret it. Every few days, I'm going to give you a task to complete. If you do it, go you! If you don't, don't expect to wake up the next morning. If you tell ANYONE about this, there will be consequences. Bad consequences. And remember, I'm always watching. Your first task will be sent as a text message. Bye Julianna."

Not a word comes out of my mouth. Almost immediately, I receive a text message.

(disclaimer: ignore all the times on the phone during this story)

Kenzie Ziegler? She barely knows I exist! Anyone that's friends with Jayden would never want to be friends with me. I begin to text Hayden, hoping he can help me. Until I remember that I CAN'T tell Hayden.

"Mission become Kenzie's friend" is a plan.

________________________________

tuesday, september 18th

As I scurry to my seat in English, I pull out a piece of gum.

"You want any?" I ask Kenzie.

"Really? Yes please!"

I hand her a piece as she smiles.