Save Me (A Queen Fanfic)

London, England. 1983

"Chelsea! Are you almost done getting ready? Sami is here waiting for you!" My mum called me downstairs, meaning I better quickly get ready to go to school.

At 16 years old, you'd think I'd be ready on time, wouldn't you?

"Coming mum!" I ran down the stairs.

"Alright love, have a wonderful day at school" Mum kissed my cheek, saying our goodbyes.

"Thanks, mum" I smiled at her.

Sami and I walked out the door.

"God, your mum likes us leaving an hour before school even starts!" Sami exclaimed.

I nodded, "I know, but mum works for Freddie and the band you know. She doesn't want to let anybody down"

Sami scoffed, "As if she could let anybody down! Your mum does everything and beyond!"

I chuckled, "Guess so.."

"Derrick is taking me out to the park after school, care to join us?" Derrick, Sami's stupid boyfriend, in which they break up almost every week.

I shrugged, "Why not! I'm sure mum wouldn't mind"

"Of course she wouldn't mind! As long as you're home by 11, right?"

I nodded, "Yup, 11."

We've reached school by this point. Luckily we didn't live that far from school, and since we were about an hour early, we had to wait outside in the cold. My mum has plenty of money, why did she have to send me to this cruddy place? The floor is dusty, the walls ooze, it's disgusting. It's surprising how nobody has gotten some serious illness yet from this hell hole.

"Chelsea?" Sami was snapping in front of my face, Guess I zoned out.

"Snap out of it! We can go in now! Come on, before I leave ye out in this bloody cold!" She stormed inside.

"Coming.. Coming.." Looks like I'm getting behind on everything today.

I walked inside, yawning.

School hasn't even started and I'm bored as hell.. Bet my mum is enjoying her time with the rest of Queen.

I sighed.

"What's up, Chels?" Timothy walked up to me, sitting beside me.

I've known Timothy for 5 years now, we've been pretty close friends since.

*Flash Back*

"Hey, fat ass! Watch yourself!" An older kid pushed Timothy.

"Oi! Get your hands off that boy!" I yelled.

"Oh, yeah? What is a pretty little thing like you gonna do about it?" He started to walk away.

Girls don't wear taller shoes for nothing..

I took my shoe off, set an aim at the lad and threw it, knocking him down. I ran towards him, punching him.

"I better not see you messing around with him or anybody else, you hear?" I pulled his ear closer.

He whimpered, "Y-Yes.."

"Good.." I pushed him back down to the ground, grabbing my shoe and running back towards the small boy.

"Thanks for sticking up for me.." He said shyly.

I smirked, "Anytime, kid. I'm Chelsea, Chelsea Austin." I held a hand out. He shook it gently.

"I'm Timothy, Timothy Walters."

I smirked, "Two first names as a last, huh? You lassie, will be a gear friend!" I patted him on the back as we walked back towards the playground.

*End of flash back*

"Nothing much, Tim. Just tired, Mum always has me here very early like yours..." I mumbled.

"If you'd like, you can sleep on my shoulder." He suggested.

"Nah... Once more people get here, they'll think it's weird. Thanks anyway, chap!" I patted him on the back.

He smiled, "Of course.."

~~~~~~~~~

After an hour of chatting the bell finally rang and school was at last in session.

The school day went by faster than I expected, and no homework either. It seems like a lucky day.

I started walking out the door.

"Oi! Austin!" I turned around to see who just yelled at me.

"Remember?!" Sami pointed back.

I sighed, right... The park.

I nodded and ran towards her, and soon Derrick was with us as well.

"Hey, Austin" Derrick slurred, grabbing a cigarette and lighting it. Sami was just giggling like a little school-girl under his arms.

I rolled my eyes, "Sup.." I gave him a head-nod.

It was a long walk to the park, at least for me, considering the whole time it was Derrick being rude and Sami giggling at his remarks. Though they were almost all about her. What a bastard.

I sat there on the field, while Sami and Derrick were having a make-out session on the swing sets. That boy better keep him underwear on, if Sami were to get pregnant by anyone. It better not be him.

I groaned with irritation.

Derrick stopped kissing Sami, "Chelsea, if you want to go, you can.. Sami and I, well.. We'd like to be alone" He smirked as Sami, while Sami blushed like crazy. Having pale skin didn't work well for her, since she blushes all the time due to Derrick.

"Fine, I'm off then." I said.

Sami giggled, "Bye, Chels!" She stared into Derrick's eyes.

I walked past them and said in a Mickey Mouse voice, "Wear a condom, folks! Hehe!!" I ran away, I looked back once and saw Derrick staring at me, while Sami was turning red once again. I laughed, it's pretty easy to piss off Derrick. But I warned him once, to not beat anybody else up again.

~~~~~~~~

I walked up the drive-way of my home, I have no idea how long I've been at the park. But it sure was a long way from that park to home, considering it was the other way of the school than my home.

I walked indoor, "Oh, thank heavens you are alright!" Mum ran up to me, hugging me.

I looked at her oddly, "Mum, I wasn't gone for that long.."

"I know, but you didn't say you were going anywhere!"

I looked at the clock behind her, it was only 8 'oclock.

"Mum, I'm really early for my curfew, so I'm good. Thanks for the concern." I kissed her cheek and started heading up the stairs.

"Wait! Don't you want dinner?" She stopped me.

"No, thanks. I already ate." I continued to walk back up the stairs.

I walked into my room and threw my bag on my bedroom floor. That Derrick really pisses me off the way he treats Sami.

Sami is a pale girl, with gorgeous red hair, and she's very slim, yet healthy.

I had Sami's after school snack, which was a sandwich, because Derrick commented on how Sami is somehow "Fat" and needs to "Eat Less". Again, what a bastard. I can't believe Sami takes his shit.

I sighed, now laying down on my bed. I just shouldn't worry about him. I told Sami already, if anything happens. I'll be there.