He yells my name just as Lauren reverse out of the driveway, hitting the trashcan across the street in the process.

I exhale in relief. I was saved by the bell... Literally.

Confronting him now would have been a risky move. He could have lied, and I could have believed it.

Thank God Lauren came when she did.

I need to try getting that bottle. Try to see if I can figure out whatever it is.

And whatever it's meant to do to me.

Friday escalated the same as every other day.

Jason tries to make conversation with me instead of reviewing our homework in the group Mrs. Carlton put us in.

Lauren complains about Dylan and his fuckboy ways during lunch, and Lucas is being unnecessary as usual during last period.

Well, if possible, more unnecessary.

Finally, the last bell of the day rings, dismissing the class.

As I'm packing up, I check around the room, only to see more than half of the class left.

"See you tomorrow, Princess," I hear someone whisper behind me. I quietly gasp, and turn around, only to see Lucas wave my way with a smirk on his face. As usual.

Anna, Lauren, Jasmine and I decide to meet at the steps in front of the school, so I decide to drop by my locker before going there.

Once I've finished grabbing my Calculus textbook, I go to the front entrance, and immediately spot Anna in the crowd.

I grin and run up to her. I place both of my hands on her shoulders and jump up.

"Attacker!" She shouts as she spins around, pepper stray in hand, and ready to be used.

I cover my face in fear. "No, Anna! It's me!"

I peak through my fingers, and see her blush in embarrassment. "Sorry Emmy. My dad's gave this to me a couple days ago and made me watch some pretty scary movies about girls being taken. I'm scarred. But what's up!?"

I look at her wide eyed. He dad's honestly really scary. Her mom is the nicest person in the world, but Anna's dad is those stereotypical dad's who will literally beat up anyone who hurts her.

First introductions were made when I was five, and I'm still scared of him.

Getting out of my thoughts, I look up at her and grin. "Sounds like him. Where's Jasmine and Lauren?"

"They left. I told Lauren I'd drive you because I know how you feel about her driving."

"Oh thank goodness. After this morning, I don't wanna go in a car with her for a while," I exhale in relief.

Let's just say, hopefully that dog crossing the street still has four legs.

When we both get in her car, I call Lauren and she tells us she's parked outside my house demanding me to open the door and give her food.

I roll my eyes and tell her that we'll be there in less than five minutes.

True to my words, we arrive in three minutes.

When Anna and I get out of the car, a very jumpy Lauren exits hers, followed by a giggling Jasmine.

Once I've unlocked the door, Lauren pushes me aside and raids my fridge.

Anna and I both laugh as we're walking in the kitchen. I stop mid-laugh just as I see Lauren pull out my stash of dry beef salami.