Decisions

"You called for me?" asks Sasuke. Kakashi looks up at the young man. "Yes Sasuke. Lets get straight to the point. You're going to need to go to deliver this scroll to our allies, the sand village. This contains secret information about a group or rouge ninjas who are planning on attacking Konoha. It is your duty to deliver this scroll safely." Without changing emotion Sasuke asks,"Is that it?" "Actually, no you're going to have to be accompanied, with anyone of your choice." Immediately Sasuke would've chosen Naruto. But he knew that he's been really busy lately. "Have anyone in mind, Sasuke?", asks Kakashi interrupting his thoughts. Sasuke replies, "Not yet, even though i know i can do this alone, i'll let you know by tomorrow." With that he is gone.

"Hey Sakura"
Sakura looks up to see Tenma standing in the door of her office. "Oh hey!", she replies.
"I just wanted to see how you were doing. Are you okay?"Those words... "Are you okay?", kept circling around her head. Reality is that she's not okay. She feels so much for Sasuke but she knows it's not a mutual feeling.
"Yes I'm fine, thank you for being concerned but I'm fine.", she replies with a heart warming smile. Tenma smiles back, "Hey Sakura I have something I've been wanting to ask you ..."

"Word around is that you're going on a very important mission."
Sasuke turns around to see the blonde haired ninja who's had an eye for him since they were kids. "What do you want", replies Sasuke.
"Let me cut the chase, I want in. I want to go with you on that mission." As Sasuke is about to turn around Ino stops him. "Please Sasuke, I haven't been on a mission in months, and I need to prove that I'm worthy enough to get the new internship as the hokage's assistant and trust me it's not like I'm head over heals for you. I have someone else who I don't want to lose. So yeah ?" Her desperate tone in her voice was enough to convince him.
"Fine. You'll come with me. We leave tomorrow morning at 7. Don't be late."

"YOU'RE GOING ON A MISSION WITH INO???!!?!!"
Naruto almost drops his ramen after hearing Sasuke's news. "I'm not exactly thrilled either. But keep it down.", replies Sasuke. After the two were done eating at Ichiraku Naruto asks,"Are you going to the lantern release Festival on Friday?" Sasuke stays quiet. "I don't think so, I'm not much of a going out person." Naruto gives him a scolding look. "Come on Sasuke! Don't be stupid, you're going."

7AM. "Are you ready?", asks Sasuke. "Yes!", replies Ino. As the two are exiting the village, Sakura is passing by, on her way to the hospital. "Sasuke and... INO? No way, he chose her?" Sakura was visibly upset as she saw the two ninjas leaving from behind. On the inside she hoped he would've chose her to go on the mission with him. But on the outside all she could do was fake it. She had to let it go. Sakura continued to make her way to the hospital.