prologue

"We have a new charge for you, Rosa

"We have a new charge for you, Rosa." An Elder spoke to the young Guardian. As much as she loved doing what she did, she always hated meeting new charges, most just ended up not being able to grasp their abilities the way the Elders wanted them to and it was frustrating to her because she did try and teach them everything she knew.

Rosa sighed, "Who's my new charge?"

"Melinda Halliwell."

"What do you need me to do?"

The Elder sighed, "She's been unable to reach her full potential and we need your help to make sure nothing happens if a demon attacks. She has a lot of potential but for some reason has been having trouble with her powers. And you're the best we've got."

"I'll see what I can do."

Later that afternoon, Rosa finally pulled up at the Halliwell Manor, ready to meet her charge

Later that afternoon, Rosa finally pulled up at the Halliwell Manor, ready to meet her charge. She hoped that it would be different this time. She wasn't ready to repeat the routine that she had with most of her charges. Most refused any help that came their way and made teaching them so much more difficult, and it was emotionally draining at times.

She walked up to the house and knocked on the door. Soon enough someone opened the door and when he did, they both froze. The handsome stranger in front of her was her soulmate as she was his. He was her forever and she was terrified of what it meant.

To Rosa, he looked gorgeous. He was tall and handsome but she could see him suffering. He wanted to be more but no one saw him for what he was capable of. She knew it was up to her to help him reach his full potential while learning to love him for all his flaws as she knew he would love her just the same.

To Chris, she looked like a goddess, someone he knew he didn't deserve. She was strong and he knew then and there that he would do everything he could to protect her. She was his rock and strength in everything he was about to face and nothing would stop him from giving her the world.

Neither of them knew what laid ahead of them but they had each other and it the beginning of something new. It terrified them both but they were together and they would get through everything together.