Reunions

Rewritten

Aurora could hear the bells, they were echoing. They reminded her of the bells from St. Andrew's church down by the corner from their house, the ones she could hear from her small attic window. The huge metal objects were clashing in the distance, Aurora didn't know where they were from, but the consecutive chiming sounded like a sign in the sombre atmosphere.

From the Astronomy Tower, their sound was loud and clear.

Cling. Clang. Cling. Clang.

They were a bloody omen and Aurora knew it.

Aurora the Creature stood tall, her wings raised and on display. Docile Aurora who tailed professors and watched over nosy students was gone. Aurora the Creature was back, and what a welcomed sight she was.

Freedom was at the tip of her wings, but she wasn't so free now was she? Aurora was now on a mission, at the hand of someone else. Whilst her body was free to roam and find its destination, her mind was captured by someone. Someone who held her and kissed her and called her his girlfriend. Aurora's mind was his now, he would conquer every thought and do it with a lasting tenderness in her chest.

But she shouldn't think about Harry Potter. The Boy Who Cares About Her. He was going to be safe at Hogwarts, under the watchful eyes of Albus Dumbledore, among his friends and peers. Harry wouldn't be in danger if he thought of her, if he longed for her. Harry was in a safe place, and that's the only thing that let Aurora disentangle herself from his arms this morning, when he stubbornly refused to let go and Aurora was tempted to stay.

The majestic view of the lake from the window gave her some peace. Soon she would be gliding over the waters to disappear into the horizon.

Her last view of Hogwarts.

Would they miss her? She idly wondered. Would anyone at Hogwarts miss Aurora the Creature? Would they even remember her as Aurora, or would they remember her as the Harpy that was hiding from the law at Hogwarts?

Would they even remember her?

She bloody hoped not.

What would Golden Boy say to her now?

"Farewell we call to hearth and hall!
Though wind may blow and rain may fall,
We must away ere break of day,
Far over wood and mountain tall.
With foes ahead, behind us dread,
Beneath the sky shall be our bed,
Until at last our toil be passed,
Our journey done, our errand sped."

That. Hamilton would probably say that.

Aurora inhaled deeply, keeping the brisk air in her lungs before letting it out. Her shoulders squared and her wings rose, preparing her for the flight. As she did this, she could feel Docile Aurora slip into the back of her mind, as the old one took over; the one fueled by anger, the one whose prime instinct was survival and killing and distrust against everything and everyone.

Perhaps it was for the best that the Harpy took over, it would make the flight away much easier.

A contented sigh left her lips as she tipped off the edge of the tower, gravity's cruel grasp pulling her down.