His Bite is the Sweetest Poison ~ 5

~Recap~

His gaze then landed on her. "Until we meet again Allison." With that he walked over to Eve and they headed to the back of the store.

What gave Allison pause was the fact that he wanted to meet her again.

***

"So...That's her," Eve commented as she went over to the selection of lettuce.

"Ya, that was her," Jasper replied.

"What's her name?"

"Allison."

"Hhmmm. Do you think she's one of them?" Eve questioned as she deliberated over which head of lettuce to pick.

"I'm not sure yet Eve. When I talked to her, she didn't react. I don't think she recognized us."

Jasper followed her as she picked her way through different vegetables.

"She could be acting. They were always good at that. Did she seem guarded?"

He smiled at that. "Everyone is guarded Eve, when they meet a stranger."

"Not everyone," she reminded. "Michael and Tristan stuck to us like glue when we first met."

"Ah my dear Eve, that is where you're wrong," he chided, slinging his arm over her shoulder as they continued down the aisle. "Michael and Tristan, they're one of us, of course they would stick to us; they recognized who we were from the beginning. Allison on the other had is a mortal. Don't worry so much Eve, I'll find out soon enough."

Stopping, Eve slid out of his hold and stared at him

"You better Jasper, I don't want to repeat the past." With that said she left him standing in the produce aisle.

"We won't," he said as he looked back at the front of the store.

***

"Here you go dear. Now you come by whenever you want," Mrs. Grooves said as she handed the piece of paper over to Allison.

"Thanks Mrs. Grooves, I will." Allison folded the address up and pushed it into her pocket and then turned around, heading back to the automatic door.

"Oh, aren't you going to get groceries dear?" Mrs. Grooves asked when she noticed Allison leaving.

"Ah...I forgot to do something important so I'm heading back. I'll just stop by the diner and get something to go. Bye Mrs. Grooves," she said walking backwards.

Backwards right into something solid. Warm and solid.

She tipped her head back, meeting very amused aquamarine eyes.

Allison stumbled forward apologizing. "I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going."

Her roadblock just laughed. "Hey I'm not complaining. It's not everyday a beautiful girl like yourself falls into my arms."

She blushed. "Ah...sorry again." She tried to go around him but he just continued blocking and talking.

"I'm Michael."

"Um...I'm Allison."

"Nice to meet you Allison. So are you visiting anyone around here?" 

"I'm going to live here, why?" she said, giving up on her attempts to leave.

"Really! So your going to attend Rose Valley High?"

"Yes," Allison replied looking down at her watch.

"So, I'll probably see you around then," he stated, not asking.

"Ya probably. Look I don't want to be rude but I have to get back home, you know, get settled in."

"Oh ya, sorry. Let me just get out of your way." He stepped aside giving her just enough space to brush by. "I'll see you later." Lifting his hand he waved good bye.

"Ya, sure. Thanks," she threw over her shoulder already out the door.

Michael lowered his hand still standing by the doors. He watched her get into her car and drive off.

"Jasper, Eve," he said still staring out the windows.

"Michael," Jasper replied from behind him.

Michael turned around to see Eve and Jasper unload their basket at the check out counter. He took one final look out the window and started past them.

Smirking he whispered in a volume only Jasper and Eve could hear, "Things are finally going to get interesting around here."

***

I know its short but I have been really busy. I'll upload again soon.

Comment and Vote. :D