HIs Bite is the Sweetest Poison ~ 3

~Recap~

"What's wrong with you Ally? Nothing should scare you now," she tried to tell herself.

Putting her nerves aside she grabbed the door knob and pushed the door open.

***

Allison went through the door and stopped at the opening, The Crimson Moon was a bar. Judging from what the outside looked like she would have never guessed. She eyed the interior with interest. The bar itself was made out of a nice reddish brown mahogany. The seats were also wood but she couldn't tell what type and the cushions looked like they were in great shape. Behind the bar, the mirror was lined with different types of scotches, wines and several other liquors. She looked around the room appreciating the classy feel to the place. There weren't any dead animal heads hanging on the wall, instead there were several photographs. She would have take a closer look at them later.

Allison was staring at the interior so intently that she hadn't notice that the bar had gone quiet. Finally the silence broke through her concentration and she looked around at the occupants. It was like that one scene out of every horror film where the victim walks into a room filled with locals and they just stare, looking at the person as if they were an intruder. She always wondered what that would feel like, now she knew.

The bar was packed. Every table was occupied, even most of the bar. Everyone was still looking at her and she was just about to turn around and leave when a man came up to her.

"Well hello there. How can I help you?"

She noticed that as soon as he came up to her everyone started up their conversations again. She took her time answering him. He was a cute guy. Dirty blond hair, mossy green eyes, dimples, great smile too but there was something odd about him. She couldn't put her finger on it. Before she had the chance to figure it out he interrupted.

"Would you like a seat at the bar?"

Before she realized it she said, "yes."

***

"Hhmmmm. Looks like there's a new girl in town. I wonder what she's like," one said.

"Fresh meat that's for sure. Maybe we should play with her a little," the other replied.

"She sure smells sweet. Her sent is very distinct, I could smell it anywhere," the third commented. "What do you think Jasper?"

They all shifted their gaze towards him. Jasper said nothing; he just followed her with his eyes.

***

"You must be new in town. My name is Keith by the way."

"Allison. How do you know I'm new in town?"

"Well we're kind of the end of the road here in Rose Valley if you know what I mean. We don't get many tourists since they all head to the more well known towns like Angels Fall."

"I see," Allison replied.

"It's not like our town has nothing to offer, it's just that people don't want to travel all the way here. So what do you think?"

"What do I think about what?" She asked when they reached the bar.

He slid around the counter and said, "the town. What do you think about the town?"

She took a seat and put her hands on top of the counter, enjoying the hard, smooth feel of the mahogany.  

"It's nice. It's not too old that it's deserted but it's not too modern that people would come flocking. It's just right," she said verbalizing her earlier thoughts.

"Ya... you could say that. Well then, what can I get you Madame?" he said in a very gentlemanly way.

She laughed at that. He seemed like a fun guy. "Water would be fine, thank you."

"As it so happens," he continued on in the same tone, "water is on the house."

He smiled when she laughed again, placing a glass of water in front of her.

"Keith!" Someone yelled from the other side of the bar.

He leaned towards her and said, "the boss is calling, I have to go. Just signal me if you need anything else."

She nodded her head and then he was striding off in the direction of the call. She picked up her glass and took a sip as she scanned the faces in the bar. Her eyes suddenly locked with the deepest, bluest eyes she'd ever seen. They belong to a boy who looked her age but she couldn't be too sure. What she was sure of though was that he was one of the most beautiful boys she had laid eyes on. He had chocolate brown hair that just curled at the collar of a well defined face. He had strong brows that framed those electric eyes. Straight nose and oh god he had a wicked smile. He was looking at her as if he knew what she was thinking. He was relaxed back into his chair, his three friends talking around him but something told her that he was anything but relaxed. He looked like he was ready for anything, on constant alert, aware of his surroundings.

She kept her eyes locked on him waiting to see who would glance away first. She notched her chin up a bit in a silent challenge, one he accepted with a cock of a brow. They continued to stare each other down when someone stepped in the way. She looked up to meet another pair of blue eyes. These eyes however were in the face of a man who looked like he was in his late thirties.

"You must be Allison. My name is Victor. I own this bar," he said holding out a hand.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I like your bar." She shook his hand.

"Thank you. I heard you are living in your grandmother's old cottage."

"Wow news travels fast around here. Yes I am. Did you know her, my grandmother?"

He chuckled. "What can I say, when you live in a small town gossip is a major pastime and yes I knew her. She was a very interesting person. I use to run errands for her."

"Really?" she asked.

"Really. She was a very popular woman."

"Ya sound's like she was. I would have loved to have met her."

"Maybe you still can," he said softly.

"Pardon? I didn't hear what you just said."

He looked at for a minute and then said, "how would you like a job?"

" A jj..ob," she stammered.

"Yes. How would you like working here part-time. The pay is minimum wage and the hours are flexible. You could wait tables."

"Um I'm not really looking for a job right now...but ill think about it."

"Alright, the job will be waiting."

Before she could say anything else he turned around and walked off. That was so random, she thought and puffed out a breath. She looked back at the table where the boy had been but the table was empty. She had only been talking for a minute and she would have noticed if anyone left, especially him. So the question now was, where did he go?