His Bite is the Sweetest Poison ~ 7

The day was finally almost over, all she had left was drama. She still couldn't believe that they put her in this stupid class. Of all the possible classes they had to choose this one. She would have gladly taken Chemistry, Gym, even Art! But no, Drama is what they chose, and Drama is what she would get.

She walked into a brightly lit room with wide windows and blue curtains. There were no desks, just open space with chairs all on one side. Looking at the room, it was like nothing she imagined. She thought that drama rooms would have very dim lighting with heavy curtains covering the windows to block out the light, to you know, give it a dramatic effect. Clearly she was wrong. She walked over to the end of the room and took a seat by the window. From here she had a pretty great view of the forest. She wondered how big it was. If she gauged correctly, the school was almost south from where her cottage should be on the other side of the woods. She would have to take a day and go hiking. Not just to get a lay of the land but to experience Mother Nature in her prime.

At a huge clang, Allison looked over at the door. Standing there with a bag full of God knows what was a woman, probably around her mid thirties, huffing away as she rested against the door frame. After catching her breath the woman picked up the bag again and placed it beside her desk before she took a seat. Allison was the only other person in the class but because she was in the corner she didn't think the woman saw her. Not wanting to give herself away yet, she took the chance to survey the woman. Shoulder length chestnut hair, simple yet somehow commanding makeup, and a slim figure wrapped in thee most colourful outfit she had ever seen.  A hot pink, loose fit shirt paired with an equally bright and loose pair of turquoise pants. Black heals and several chunky bracelets completed the look. Surprisingly enough the outfit looked....pretty damn good on her. It must be a drama teacher thing. Taking a guess that this was Ms. Fuchsia, the outfit along with the name looked right on her.  Deciding that she had been silent long enough, Allison got up and walked toward the desk. Noticing the movement, Ms. Fuchsia raised her head up in surprise. After taking a glance at her, she just exploded out of her seat. That was the only word that came to mind when Allison saw her get up to round the desk.

"Hello! Hello! You must be Allison Pent! Welcome to Rose High!" taking her hand, Ms. Fuchsia pumped it enthusiastically. "Please tell me what you think of the school so far! Just grab that chair over there and have a sit. Why are you here so early?"

After grabbing the chair and taking her seat Allison replied. "Our Biology teacher, Dr. Mist, suddenly said that he was not feeling well half way through class and told us that we were dismissed for the day."

"Ah, I see. Michael, Dr. Mist, tends to have several days where he is too ill to teach. Something about a poor immune system or something. I believe that is why he went into the field of Biology. Wanting to find a reason why he is so sick all the time. Frankly I don't understand why he is teaching high school. The man is a genius; has several degrees under his belt! Well that's enough about him, let's talk about you. Tell me, where are you from?"

"Well I am originally from a small town called Waterloo in Indiana."

"Oh dear! That is such a far way to go! Did it take you long to get here in Montana?

"Roughly about 2 days with pit stops and so on."

"Oh my! That must have been really stressful for you and your parents. Me now, I can't go 2 hours without getting the feeling of claustrophobia and practically jumping out of the car."

Allison didn't correct her about her parents. The less people that knew that she came up her by herself, the better. Even though word would get around soon enough with a town this size, she would keep that piece of information to herself as long as she could.