Leveling Out

Depuis le début

Upon hearing Loki's name, something inside of Clint boiled. He still feels the stings of Loki's control messing with his heart. Loki might have been out but the damage to his heart for the feelings he carried for Katherine were still there. Clint wanted to get Loki back for messing with him, and for using his feelings for Katherine against him. 

Loki played on his emotions and Clint wanted revenge. 

"Loki." Clint glared. "Did he get away?" 

Natasha shook her head. "Don't suppose you know where?" 

"No...didn't ask." Clint said as Natasha stood up and turned her back towards him. Clint sat up straight, taking a deep breath while reaching over to take a sip of water. "He's gonna make his play soon though." He took a sip of water. "Today."

As soon as he said that, Natasha turned around to face him. "We need to stop him."

"Yeah? Who's we?" Clint asked her.

"I don't know. Who's ever left." Natasha shrugged while Clint smirked at the ground slightly.

The thought of getting revenge against Loki relaxed him a little. The thought of getting back at Loki for messing with him and his emotions for Katherine, threatening her... Loki had threatened to kill Katherine, Loki had threatened to have Clint kill Katherine, in every way that Clint knew she feared if Clint didn't comply with him. 

The thought of hurting Katherine himself was something that Clint couldn't even imagine... And even worse... hurting her and having no control over his actions was something far worse. Clint had hurt Katherine once before, and he swore that he would never do it again...

"Well, if I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep better, I suppose." Clint laughed slightly. 

Natasha took a seat next to Clint, smiling a bit. "Now you sound like you." 

Clint looked at her a tad confused. Natasha was his best friend, his only friend, and the only person he would ever consider a friend. They knew each other better than anyone and Clint told Natasha everything about Katherine and him. So Natasha knew what she meant to Clint, despite the fact that Natasha never had the pleasure of meeting her face to face, or even knowing her real name, since Natasha and Clint didn't meet until years after Katherine and Clint's first encounter in Bangladesh. All Natasha knew was there was this girl who had stolen his heart, Clint didn't give Natasha a name or a picture,...

"But you don't." He looked at her. "You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?" 

Natasha looked at the ground slightly. "He didn't. I just....--" She paused as she looked away. 

"Natasha.." Clint whispered to her. 

"I've been compromised." She stated simply before looking over at him as he nodded at her and looked down. "I got red in my ledger, i'd like to wipe it out." 

Clint just nodded at her, understanding completely where she was coming from. After all, if anyone knows anything about being compromised... 

It's him.

*

Bangladesh