Ring of Fire

Bangladesh 

March 12th, 2000

'Collin' woke up with a huge headache has he suddenly heard the sound of...

a train? 

He rubbed his eyes and forehead before noticing that he was laying down on the train tracks. He jumped up just in time to save himself from being crushed into a million pieces. 'Collin' sighed to himself before noticing that there was an object laying there on the tracks. He walked over to it, picking it up before cursing to himself.

a red rose. 

He shoved the red rose back into his pocket before noticing that there was something else in his pocket.. a note? He opened it and started reading it. 

'if i was you, i'd leave town' 
             kisses, K

'collin' crumbled the note before tossing it to the ground and walking back to the motel he was saying at during his mission. Once he got there, he started trying to find everything he could about 'Kelly Thatcher' whom he was positive now was not actually her real name. 

He looked through every single street camera trying to locate her until he finally spotted her walking. He sighed before quickly changing and making his way over to stop her. 

*

Katherine's Point of View: 

Upstate New York   

April 31st, 2012

Right now I was upstate, getting ready to break into a facility to steal some files before blowing it up and taking out anyone who gets in my way. I had no idea why but it was for this billionaire who was most likely going to steal money. Frankly, I didn't care. As long as I got paid, i did as I was hired to do. I was sitting in my hotel room, waiting until the clock hit 9 pm so I could go and break into the facility. 

As I sat there, I rubbed my head in an attempt to make my headache go away but it didn't seem like that was going to happen. I don't know what this was or how to stop it, maybe if I just took some deep breaths. I started breathing in and out in an attempt to make the pain go away but it was no use. 

Then I thought about what Bruce said, how I should find myself an anchor in order to help me keep 'in control' but that wasn't going to work either. I didn't have anyone...

at least no one I would care to say out loud. 

As I kept thinking about it, the more pain I felt in my head and next thing I knew, whatever was happening to me broke everything in the hotel room. I looked around confused and even a little frightened before hearing my watch go off to tell me that it was time to go to the facility...

*

third person's point of view: 

S.H.I.E.L.D. Headquarters, Nick Fury's office

Right now, the whole world was on the brink of war. Fury felt like his head was going to explode from all the uncanny stress that had occurred in only a two days time. One moment he was talking to Barton about the Tesserak then the next thing he knew, he was face to face with Loki who had compromised Barton as well as several agents. 

He definitely did not need any more trouble right now. 

"Sir, I think you're going to want to take a look at this. There's been signs of activity..and she's got another target.." 

Fury heard an agent say while coming into his office and handing Fury a file before Fury asked the agent to leave. Fury sighed before opening up the file and looking at Katherine Thorne's picture before reading up on the trouble she was causing. 

Apparently just right now she had broken into a facility and just blown it to smithereens, she was a loose cannon and Fury didn't have time to deal with her right now. Fury slammed the file down on the desk out of frustration before getting out his phone and dialing a number. 

He tapped his foot impatiently before someone finally answered. 

"Hello?"

"Don't you dare start acting up right now. I've got a full circus to run without a side show trying to steal the spotlight." Fury said through the phone as he listened to the sounds of what sounded like a burning building along with that of Katherine's laughter.

"What's a circus without the ring of fire? Hmmm..? And i've always thought myself as the ring leader rather than a side show..? You know...cause I'm the one who's running things, not you." Katherine laughed through the phone as Fury tried to track her on his computer but it was no use. "There's no point in trying to track this call or send some of your useless agents to take me in, cause unlike most of the brain dead people you and your organization lock up, I actually know how to cover my tracks. I mean they do say that when you're going to war, if you know your enemy and yourself, you need not fear the little quarrels that are to pass." 

"So help me..Thorne if you don't back down-" Fury started saying until Katherine laughed through the phone.

"You'll what? You'll send me to jail..? Oh that's so precious. You can't imprison me, that would require you to actually have enough evidence to send me to a cell first..Look i've got better things to do so if you don't mind, i think i'll be hanging up now. Have fun running your freak show." 

"Thorne! Thorne!" Fury yelled through the phone as he sighed in frustration before getting a call from Agent Natasha Romanoff. "It better be good news." Fury answered her call. 

"I've just picked up Banner, we're on our way back to the helipad now." Natasha spoke through the phone. 

"Good, hurry back Agent." 

"Sir, i was ordered to bring in two, not one..." Natasha tried arguing about leaving her mission 'early' since in her eyes it wasn't completely yet. 

"Your new orders are to bring Dr.Banner back to base Agent. Is that a problem?" Fury asked through the phone as he heard Natasha sigh slightly.

"No sir." She replied. "If you don't mind me asking, i've never heard you quite....unhinged...Who's responsible for having your brain all messy..?" 

"No one, now be back soon Romanoff." Fury complied before hanging up and sighing. He looked at his computers, looking at Katherine Thorne's files on the multi computer screens. 

He needed to somehow bring her in before things got worse, but it would have to be after the battle to save earth from a crazed god who thinks he is above all else. Loki needed to be stopped before he took anyone else under his control. Then it snapped in Fury's head.... 

taking Barton and the other agents... 

Loki was building an army and if Loki had Barton then that meant....