Leveling Out

Third Person's Point of View: 

Aboard S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Helipad

May 3rd, 2012

After the events that were caused by Loki and Katherine, everyone was beginning to settle down and regather. Unfortunately, Banner and Thor were no where to be found, and Coullson had perished at the hands of Katherine. Lucky for Clint though, Natasha had managed to break him from Loki's control after their encounter. 

Clint started to slowly wake up, feeling his head pounding as he tried getting up but realized that he was strapped down to the bed. He tried getting out, groaning and trying his best to get his hands free but there was no use. As he kept trying to get free, he heard someone calling to him. 

"Clint, you're gonna be all right." He heard them say to him. 

He shook his head as he blinked his eyes a couple of times, closing his eyes and trying his best to break through Loki's control. "Katherine...?" He asked while he opened his eyes once again, but was slightly disappointed when he realized it wasn't Katherine, but instead Natasha. "Natasha?" 

"You're gonna be fine." Natasha told him while he just shook his head. 

"You know that? Is that what you know?" Clint asked her, waking up from Loki's mind control. "I got...I gotta go in though...I gotta flush him out." 

Natasha got up, pouring him a glass of water before walking back. "You gotta level out, that's gonna take time." 

"You don't understand..." Clint sighed. When Loki took control of his mind, he did exactly what he did to Katherine. Loki messed with every bit of emotion that Clint had for Katherine, he saw it as Clint's weakness and used it to his advantage. Clint was now healing from not only Loki's mind control, but from his heart which Loki had messed and manipulated. "Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Take you out and stuff something else in...? You know what it's like to be unmade...?" 

Natasha lowered her gaze, obviously feeling sympathy for her fellow Avenger and friend. "You know that I do." 

Clint shook his head one more time, finally asking Natasha the question he's been itching to ask since he's woken from Loki's mind control. "Why am I back..? How'd you get him out?" Clint asked her.

"Cognitive re-calibration." She stated while he just looked at her. "I hit you really hard in the head."  

Clint let out a small laugh before mumbling a, "Thanks." 

Natasha smiled at him slightly before moving to release him from his restraints. Clint watched her as his mind was beginning to wonder to different things. And by different things, we mean Katherine. Clint couldn't help but wonder where Katherine was. While under Loki's mind control, he had not remembered a single thing. The last thing he remembers was talking to Katherine before leaving to the S.H.I.E.L.D. base. 

Was she all right? Was she hurt? Did Loki get to her too? 

"Natasha..." Clint whispered to her. Clint's mind was a little fuzzy, so he needed to remember what the hell happened after getting mind controlled by Loki. He needed to find Katherine and make sure she was all right but first... he needed to know the damage he had done... "How many agents did..--" He started asking her but she interrupted him. 

"Don't." She started at him. "Don't do that to yourself Clint." Natasha gave him a hard stare. "This is Loki. This is...monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for."