Chapter 21- Adjusting to Life

Start from the beginning

My heart dropped slightly in my chest as I felt Quenton nod. 

He grabbed my face in his hands forcing me to look up in his eyes. 

"I'll miss you," he said with a sad smile. 

"I'll miss you, too," I said leaning forward capturing his lips in a quick passionate kiss. 

***

Sighing I fell into the sofa, I finished placed more personal decor in the apartment. Pictures were hung and things were purchased. Classes, for me, resumed on Monday leaving me one more day to finish personalizing the place I was living. It was a cute two bedroom apartment with a kitchen and bathroom. I was even informed that the building had a roof top pool and to sweeten the deal the building was just shy of a ten minute walk to my farthest building. It was a perfect deal. 

Feeling the rest of the day burning away I decided to see Barb. I did just leave quickly the day after her party. She could be worried, and she was one of the few people I considered a friend. With my phone shoved away in a purse with my keys I made my way to Barb's. It was a little more difficult to find, due being absent so long and the different path I was taking. Finally making my way up her steps I knocked on the door. 

"What?" Tom grunted out, his eyes scanned me as a lazy smirk worked on his face. "Prudy freshmeat, what're you doing here?" 

"I need to see Barb," I answered crossing my arms, consciously placing my left hand on the outside for Tom to see the flashy ring. 

"Yo, Barb. You've got a visitor," he yelled into the house his eyes not leaving me. 

"Stop looking at me," I hissed glaring at him. 

"Feisty," he responded licking his lips. My lips curled in disgust, he didn't loose his brashness while I was away. 

"My gosh, Annie," Barb gasped. He pushed Tom from her way and wrapped me in a tight hug. 

"You weren't in Lit for, like, ever. You had me worried, next time answer you phone, girl!" she said slowly suffocating me from the hug. 

"Okay, babe," her boyfriend, Theo I believe, grabbed her shoulders getting her unwrapped from me. We made it into the kitchen, Theo taking Tom away from us claiming that the game of the centry was on. 

"And this hunk of rock, you weren't lying girl!" Barb said fanning herself as she awed at my wedding ring.

"Yeah," I said suddenly feeling nervous, I was never good at talking weddings or love. Blush seeped onto my face as Barb carted me around the house showing the many people milling around my large ring and who I was now married to. 

"Hot damn," Emma, her actual roommate, gasped. "Are there more of these Glbonchi boys?"

"Two," I said with a small chuckle. 

"Damn, their wives must be lucky girls," she whistled examining my ring. 

"Their not married," I corrected her. "I mean, Danny's in a relationship but Nixion's the hump 'n dump kind."

"I can fix that," Emma said. She was a gorgeous blonde that was in college on a volleyball scholarship. Her eyes were bright gray color that instantly made you feel comfort with her around. Emma took a drink for her cup before bidding us goodbye.

"Nixion! Danny! Damn," Barb said, "Even the names are sexy."

"Aren't you dating somebody?" I asked. 

"Theo and I have the no touchy rule. We can gawk but we can't touch," Barb explained. "You'll understand after being with one man for five years."

*

"Now," Barb said. "Don't run off again, got it? I want to know what happens to my little buddy."

She patted my head, like a small child, before giving me a lazy smile. She had more than a few drinks and began to sway on her feet two drinks ago, but even Theo couldn't get her to stop. He tried, meaning he kissed her while trying to get the drink away from her, he only succeeded to come back an hour later with messy hair and his shirt on backwards. Barb hicked before stumbling back into her house, still milling with people. 

I didn't realize how popular Barb really was. 

I pushed my hands into my pockets as I walked home, it was beginning to get dark and Quenton would be calling soon. First I wanted to talk to Kyle and Zak, I haven't for a few days and it was making me antsy almost. It was like calling family, you couldn't go days without doing it. 

The apartment seemed to come alive with people as the sun went down. People were running across the lobby in clothing that shouldn't be legal, some touched their perfect make-up, others were coming back with dates already with them. I was squeezed uncomfortably in the elevator with a couple that couldn't get enough of each other and another that seemed to want me to join them, constantly pinching my butt while making snide remarks. I got off on a level that wasn't mine, I would rather walk up stairs then be with people like that. 

After flights of stairs that made me rethink my physical health I slumped onto the couch. Dragging my laptop over to me I called Zak's hoping for a response. 

"Hey!" Kyle said popping up on screen. "Zak's working late." 

I nodded my head as I watched Kyle stuff food into his mouth. 

"My Mom came over. She cooked the most heavenly meal for us," he moaned digging into his food. I giggled and rolled my eyes. 

"Classic Ky," I said. He gave me a large smile his cheeks puffed out with food. 

This was what I didn't realize I was missing until now. 

****************************************************************************

Another Update! Yay!

Anyways...Comment...Fan...Vote...Anything...Please

Until Next Time

~Milkewayer