CHAPTER NINE: YOU KNOW SOMETHING'S WRONG WHEN HE SUDDENLY LICKS YOUR EAR

Previously

Naruto's head slumped down on my chest, his own gently heaving up and down rhythmically. I can hear my heart pounding in my chest. He is so close, right there. I can feel his body heat transferring over to mine, it makes me all warm and fussy inside. So I laid him back down on his back and couldn't resist the urge to lay down beside him and wrap my arms around his broad shoulders. Soon, he would be taller than me, I gotta salvage this moment. I feel sleep pulling me in, and I let my eyes close, matching our pace of breathing to one.

Narrator's POV

The morning sun scattered through the thin glass windows, spilling into the room by the open curtains. But all this was destroyed by Itachi crashing through the semi-closed bedroom door.

"WAKE UP YOU FAGGOTS!" He yelled, "WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!"

Sasuke groaned at the sudden noise and flipped over, landing really hard on the uncarpeted floor flat on his face.

"Fucking g-"

But Itachi chastised him, "No swearing in the house, little bro." he said waving his index finger.

Sure got some extra energy so early in the morning, bastard. Sasuke thought, his forehead still hurting from the impact. Suddenly, what happened last night came back to his mind.

Sasuke's POV

I'm an idiot. What have I done?! I swore to myself I wouldn't... AH FUCK IT! I've had enough! Stressing myself over someone I hardly care enough about.

I pushed myself off the ground and rushed past Itachi, out the hall and straight into my dark room and collapsed on my bed. I can feel the sweat running down my forehead and my bones aches as if they were crushed.

Being hated doesn't feel good, but either if hating some one else.

What would Naruto think of me now? I didn't want to make him think that I was playing around. Being near him makes me so frustrated and uncontrollable. Even though it's a thrill, it still hurts to wait for the right time.

The problem is the right time might never come.

Back in school I heard some rumors going around about the dance. It appears that the Namikaze is also going tonight. If that's the case, Naruto knows nothing about it. Why the fuck is Naruto even here?

I swallowed at the images of possibilities flickering through my mind. All of them are too horrible, too sad to bear witness.

"Sasuke, take a shower. You need to go as the Uchiha representive, can't have you looking like you just had some kinky sex with a pig."

I groaned. Itachi is so good at making jokes at the wrong time. Why is he so happy today, anyways?

I lifted my head to look at him, but there's no one standing at the doorway anymore. Only a stream of yellow light shone through the crack.

Creepy, I thought. But showering is the first priority right now, it's not gonna be funny anymore if Itachi catches me moping around instead of getting ready.

Naruto's POV

I was brutally pushed into the shower, brutally pushed out once they made sure my entire body was cleaned, and dragged to the dressing room where they practically tossed clothes on top of me. What came out of it was better than I thought, even though all of this left me dizzy and panting for water. Just imagining how the girls have to do all of this by themselves makes me feel sorry for them. While the hair stylish worked furiously on my messy bangs, the makeup artist brushed my face gently with a fat brush coated with a skin colored powder. Concealer - she said when I asked what it is - to hide the black spots, only a little bit of it, though. Don't want to hurt your almost flawless skin. I guess I should be happy that she comment how my skin is "almost flawless", but I'm worrying about something else. I mean, come on, Itachi was way too happy. Plus the fact that he crashed into our room and called us "FAGGOTS" on the top of his lungs. Who the fuck does that?

So I let my mind waver back to Sasuke, the feeling of calm and...possibly love washed throughout my body. I didn't even know that was possible to love someone so much. But here I am, obsessing over a man! How cliche this is?!

"Stop moving." The makeup artist snapped, now gently brushing my cheeks with a red powder.

I grunted. Che, whatever. The door behind me opened and I lifted my eyes to check the reflection in the mirror.

"Sasuke!" I twirled around fast, the stylish yelled in surprised, and then groaned.

His black hair was combed down carefully, his bangs were newly cut and falls just above his eyebrows. His classic black suit covered every curve on his body perfectly. He caught me staring and smirk, walking over beside me.

"Watch out, dobe..." He gently brushed some red from my cheeks, dusting his fingers on the cloth on the vanity table his eyes still strained on mine. I quickly pushed the blush down from my burning cheeks and I turned around to face the mirror again.

"Just do your thing..." I mummer to the makeup artist.

She sighed and returned to apply makeup on my face. But Sasuke didn't leave it just like that, he placed both of his hands on my shoulders and slowly massaged them. Except I wasn't getting any comfortable, my body tenses up every time he touches it. He must have noticed that reflex 'cause he bent down and licked my earlobe with the tip of his tongue. I freaked out, crashing all the beautifying products to the ground and the makeup artist stood up and stormed out the room. Sasuke let out a low chuckle as he stood up and grabbed my arm, pulling me from my seat.

"W-wait! My face-" I started.

"Your face is fine." He retorted and pulled harder as he dragged me along the corridor.

In the end, another makeup artist arrived and gave me a emergency makeover in the car. Sasuke was silent, staring out the window at setting sun outside. I still can't believe they actually took a whole day to get us ready. I sneaked a look at Sasuke, his eyes seems vacant. So I reached over to poke his cheek. Once. Gently. The light seems to come back suddenly and he turned around to meet my questioning look. His eyes narrowed.

"What?" He asked, a bit too harshly for my liking.

I automatically flinched, unable to stop my reflex. His shoulders slumped down and a apologizing look came across his face.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to sound that way..." He gently touched my hand with his fingertips.

I laughed, he can be so sincere at times.

"I'm fine, but there's something wrong with you, isn't there?" I asked.

He turned his gaze back to the scenery in the window.

He stayed silent for the longest time before opening his mouth to mummer under his breathe, "There's always something wrong with me."