Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence

Start from the beginning

You: "Because, I know that no matter what happens tomorrow the people I love will be safe."

Korra: "Including youself?" I laugh lightly and nod.

You: "Definitely won't be easy... But he's just pissed off the wrong person... Don't worry Korra, I'm coming back for you... I'm not ready to leave you just yet." I feel her relax. Soon after her breathing evens out I feel myself slip into sleep.

Gaea: "You have found an ancient power M/N..."

You: "Wha-? Gaea? Where am I?! What's going on?!"

Gaea: "I did not believe a mortal could possess such a high-level of power..."

You: "What? Gaea what are you talking about?"

Gaea: "You have the ability to achieve an ancient fighting form... A form, even I have yet to master..."

You: "What?! What form? What power? Gaea? Gaea!?"

Gaea: "It's the only way to victory... Unlock it... Find the source of your strength, and hold on... No matter what... Hold on to that passion, that vigor that drives you..."

You: "My what? How is my motive supposed to make me stronger?"

Gaea: "Hold on to what you fight for M/N... and forget the struggle... and you will achieve something even gods could not master..."

Valek: "Yesss... Try all you want, but you will fail in the end... And then, they will all die... She, will die..."

I jolt up, waking Korra in the process.

Korra: "Huh? What?" She says looking around.

You: "It's time..." She nods and we get out of bed. I go and pull on a pair of black pants, and a F/C t-shirt with a black tank top over it. I slip on a pair of dark gray boots and tie a F/C cloth belt around my waist. Then grab my old gloves, which leave my most of my fingers exposed. I walk out and meet Katara in the dining room, she has a warm smile on her face, so what she says next takes me by surprise.

Katara: "You plan to die, don't you?" It takes me a second to process what she just said.

You: "Between you and me?" She nods. "Yes, I can't beat this guy, but I can kill him, but it kills me in the process."

Katara: "Why did you lie to Korra?" I groan, she just has to know everything, doesn't she?"

You: "Because she can't be distracted with me right now." She nods and goes back to sipping on some tea or something. A few minutes later Korra walks in wearing her normal sleeveless light blue top and dark blue pants. We finish eating and walk out. "You ready?"

Korra: "Yea, but I'm not the one fighting the evil demon." I chuckle and send fire from my feet as we take off for Republic City.

*TIMESKIP*

Your POV

I could hear Republic City before I could even see it, when we get there it's maze of screaming soldiers and generals. Korra and I head to go wait in a small tent with her name on it. An hour or two later I feel the ground shake. I knew he'd come through Republic City's portal. I stand and stretch, then walk out towards the portal. Korra stands next to me at the edge of the crater of vines surrounding it. A minute or two later I can see the portal start to change, within seconds the normal white streaks of light within the yellow cylinder begin turning black. Finally, he emerges... I can feel the power radiating from him... Jesus... I thought I was strong... This guy made the city tremble.

Korra POV

So, this was Valek? I could feel the sheer power he has radiating from him... Yet, it still didn't compare to what M/N was putting out after the explosion. They weren't even in the same conversation... Whatever M/N was during that... He made this guy look like nothing. Then M/N steps forward into the crater, they meet each other halfway between the edge and the portal.

Your POV

Valek: "Oh, she's pretty... I'm going to enjoy this... I'm not sure which I'm going to pound harder, you, or the girl." I feel a power course through me, unlike anything else I have felt before...

Korra POV

I couldn't make out quite what Valek said, but whatever it was. It triggered that power M/N had again. He flashes a sparkling silvery F/C and lands a single punch to Valek, sending him flying by the portal and into a nearby building. Then it dies down again.

Your POV

I see Valek fall from the small crater in the side of the building, but only a few seconds later he's already back in front of me.

Valek: "That hurt." He spits out at me.

You: "You know Valek, there was once a saying about me in a town I visited a few years back... Do you want to know what it was?" He stays silent. "He is the man that when he wakes, and his feet hit the floor, the devil shakes and goes 'Oh shit he's up.'" He smirks.

Valek: "I can tell you that's a lie... Because I am the devil." Then he swings, I'm barely able to duck out of the way in time.

You: "This is My home Valek! Leave Now!!" He stops and chuckles darkly.

Valek: "So? You consider yourself the king of the mortal world?"

You: "You know what sure, now obey the king and leave. Now."

Valek: "You think you can order me around? What's a king to a god?"

You: "What's a god to a Non-Believer!" I yell as I power up, I can see his heat signature again, although unlike the usual red and orange look... His is a dark blue...

Valek: "It's time to end this... The battle begins now!" I crack my knuckles and get into a stance.

You: "There's only two ways this battle ends Valek!"

Valek: "I know I know, either you die or I do." I laugh and shake my head.

You: "No, either you die... Or we both do." He growls and gets into a stance.

Valek: "Fine! You want to be so cocky? Let's see how you feel when your flat on your ass and the Avatars lying dead on the ground!"

Korra POV

As soon as he finishes I feel the temperature spike again. I look over and see the sparkling silver and F/C burst again. Then he disappears, and reappears behind Valek, even he doesn't see him. M/N kicks the back of his head sending him flying again, then the power fades and he returns to normal... Something Valek was doing is triggering this power... I had to find out what it is. It may be our only chance at winning this... I'm broken from my thoughts by the building Valek was sent flying into exploding.

Valek: "You Bastard!! I'll Kill You For That!!" He screams, then he flies at M/N, the fight has begun.