Chapter 31

Nick

After the movie was finished filming, I threw myself into studio work. Paul & I had new artists we were working with, so Paul had left me some almost complete songs to finish producing. I had to do something to take my mind off the fact that I hadn't had sex in three & a half months. I was to the point now, that I didn't even try to initiate anything, with Demi. I figured when she was ready, she would let me know. I hoped, anyway. It was almost May, so she was 19 weeks. Her risk of having a miscarriage was gone about two weeks earlier, so I hoped she was ready soon. If she wasn't, I may go insane. It wouldn't be so difficult if she wasn't so sexy. And she didn't even have to try. I found her sexy all the time. I found her sexy in pretty much everything she wore. Bless her heart, she tried to wear big T-shirts to bed with boy shorts but I even found that sexy. I'd watch her eat breakfast, a banana usually & I'd have to leave the room. I'd see her doing yoga & I'd have to find ways to relieve myself. Yea, she was sexy no matter what, which made this even more difficult.

The twins had their fourth birthday party this past weekend, on April 22. We had stayed in L.A. so the kids could have their birthday here, instead of Texas. The party was small, with just our friends & family. Wilmer & Olivia were our only close friends, who weren't there, because Olivia was due, to have her baby, in a few months, so she couldn't fly. It was a fun party, though & I loved that we kept it low key. We had a Lego & American Girl theme, so it appealed to everyone.

Now, it was the last week in April. We just finished packing for our move back to Texas this weekend. Joe & Blanda couldn't fly because Blanda is also pregnant & due in July, so they drove home to Texas. My parents decided to drive with them & took the twins, so Demi & I could finish packing up the truck. I was grateful to my parents because the twins got in the way while we tried to pack or do anything, in all honesty.

I finished up in the studio & headed upstairs, since it was time for dinner. Demi was in the kitchen, packing a box of food that we were taking with us. I came up behind her, putting my hands on her hips & kissed her cheek. "I'm hungry. Let's order a pizza."

Demi smiled. "Sounds good."

I got my phone & called the pizza place, keeping my eye on Demi as she climbed on a step stool to get on the counter so she could reach the higher cupboard. I licked my lips as I watched her gorgeous ass in her black yoga shorts. She was killing me. I wasn't even paying attention when the guy on the phone answered. Demi turned around & saw me looking at her ass.

Demi cleared her throat & I snapped back into reality. "You gonna answer the guy?" She asked, motioning to the phone up against my ear. Demi laughed when I finally realized the guy was shouting. I ordered the pizza, then hung up the phone as Demi finished filling the box. "Did you get distracted?" She asked, chuckling.

I laughed. "Yea, by your ass." I took a few steps closer to her. Demi laughed as she turned a little to get down from the counter. I watched as her foot missed the top step on the step stool & she lost her balance. I lunged forward as she fell into my arms, a tiny scream coming from within her. Her eyes stared into mine, fear evident deep within them. "I knew I shouldn't have let you climb up there. I was going to say something but.... uh.... your ass was distracting me."

Demi smiled. "My hero." She sighed. I set her down. "That could have been bad."

"Yea. Let's stay off the counters." I kissed her forehead, then helped her finish packing up the kitchen.

I was in bed, that night, texting Joe, when Demi got into bed, laying on her side to face me. "They got to Texas okay. The kids are knocked out, but they were good." I said, not looking up. She was staring at me, not saying anything, so I looked up from my phone. She had a small smile on her face. "What?" I asked, in confusion.