"Dad it's fine they know that we know you. There's no need to pretend" Val said hoping it was just her Dad's spy instincts that caused him to act like he didn't know them.

But that hipe seemed bleek.

"It's been such a long time Harry. I need to get my brouges resoled" Merlin said in a desperate yet joking manner.

"Yeah and my Oxfords are done in as well. Love tried to fix it herself but" Eggsy stopped to wince as he put an arm around the woman's shoulder.

Val gave an uneasy chuckle with an embarassed face. "It still needs your touch Dad. I still have a lot to learn from you honestly"

Harry put on a confused frown when she called him Dad.

"I am sorry young lady but I don't remember being a father nor do I remember getting married. And why are you telling me about your shoes? There must be some mistake. I'm a lepidopterist" Harry said.

He sounded so sincere and confused. Val's expression fell. "Lepidopterist... That means-"

Val's line of thought was cut off by Eggsy saying "What?"

"I study butterflies" he said motioning around the room. For the first time they noticed that everywhere, on every inch of the wall there were sketches of butterflies and their anatomy with different notes that looked like mere scribbles.

Val's heart dropped to her stomach. Ugly reality slapped her in the face. "He has amnesia"

"Well, you wanted to be before you joined the army but-" Merlin stopped. "Harry look at me"

He put up his finger and moved it in different directions all of which Harry's unpatched eye followed. It was the 'Follow My Finger' test. Or as Valentine liked to call it.

Merlin dropped his hand to his side and said "It's good to see you again"

Merlin and Eggsy were making their way out the door but Val was stuck in her place with an unreadable expression. She stared at Harry's eyes and he stared back with his confused ones.

Eggsy turned to Val and made his way back to her placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Love we have to leave" he said in a soft whisper.

"Yeah. Of course" she said "Good to see you again D-" she stopped. "Harry"

Without another word she rushed out of the room her heart clenching with every beat. What did she really expect? He was shot in the head Pete's sake.

In the other room, the two Statesman had seen everything. They have figured so far that the Kingsman agents were very formal for the most part, in manners and in clothing. Especially the girl they had with them.

There was a different formal, posh, aura around her. It was in her every movement. In the gentle way she spoke, the posture she has when she sat or stood. The way she walks and also in her sweet heart personality itself.

She just acted so graceful and demure.

Something that couldn't help but make Agent Tequila be curious about her. Was curious even the right word to use?

"So these fellas right here, are our doomsday protocol?" Tequila asked.

"Turns out our founder's tailor, was Kingsman" Ginger answered.

Val entered the room they were in. She didn't utter a single word quite lost in her own world. She sat in a solitary chair at a far corner of the room and kept to herself letting out a shaky breath and holding her head in her hands.

She muffled a groan that made the two agents give her a glance in concern and banged her head on the table as silently as she could.

"Why the bloody hell does this have to happen?" She thought.

Eggsy and Merlin followed in after her. Eggsy wasn't pleased at Harry not recognizing them and his trust issues started coming up. "What the f*ck have you done to him?"

"Nothing" Ginger immediately responded "only tried to help him. He's got retrograde amnesia. Now we knew from his eyeglasses that he was intelligence. We just didn't know whose"

"How did he get here?" Merlin asked.

"Merlin remember that church?" Eggsy said.

Merlin nodded in realization. "It was in Kentucky" they said.

"I detected spikes coming up in low frequency waves from that church. When we arrived there, we found him on the ground out cold with a bullet wound through his eye"

"But it was a headshot. How did he survive the trip going here?" Eggsy asked.

"With a bit of help from alpha gel" Ginger answered.

"Alpha... Gel?" Eggsy said testing the alien words on his tongue.

"We developed our alpha gel technology for our own agents. In the event of a headshot. The gel protects the brain then in the lab we use nanites, microbots to repair tissue damage.

There are side effects. Partial amnesia. Regression to the younger self. With no idea who he was, there was nothing we could do. But now you guys are here, there's a good chance we can bring him back. There are also higher chances because his daughter is here"

Val let out a long sigh which was unlike her. She was usually a very bubbly person. Always smiling no matter what. But this, this was too much for her.

It made the two Kingsman agents share worried glances.

"I usually like to stay positive in a situation like this but tell me. How would I help him remember? If he goes all the way back to being a lepidopterist that means he hasn't even met my mother yet and I basically don't exist in his world"

"His memories of you are still there. Locked away in his subconcious. It just needs to be triggered for him to remember" Ginger reassured her.

While the Statesman spoke Eggsy had made his way to Val placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about him love. Least he's alive. Everything's gonna be alright"

Val nodded and smiled. But the smile was only up to her lips and didn't reach her eyes nor her heart.

"Yes. We're going to be alright as long as 'oxfords not brogues' is true then yes. We will be fine"

Merlin and Eggsy chuckled by the inside joke while it was the Statesman agent's turn to exchange looks.

The words she uttered, she didn't believe. But she knew, she had to stay positive and strong for what was left of Kingsman. She had to lift them up when they were going down.

The question was, who's going to lift her up?

Remember dear children. Oxfords not brogues. Words to live by. See you in the next chapter!

And happy Tequila drinking!