PaRt 3

" if you'll give me the reasons you think you should go

i'll give you the reasons that you need to

stay "

Beth Crowley - Reasons

---

Hermione

Not much time later I woke up again. It was warmer now the sun had begun to shine. I went to my small, cozy kitchen and make myself a healthy breakfast. In the middle of preparing my cereal, Crookshanks jumps on the cabinet and purrs, slipping between my arms.

"Crookshanks, watch out where you're walking!" Crookshanks lifts his head in the arrogance of a prince and puts his tail in the air. I humph. "Arrogant cat," I mumble, shoving the few bright red cat hairs out of the way and contuining.

I sit by the window, looking down at the shops opening and wizards and witches going to buy stuff. To be honest, I haven't seen any of my friends lately. Well, Harry or Ron. I have been seeing a woman I met at the Leaky Cauldron.

She is Astoria Greengrass and she works as Healer in St. Mungo's. That made her my colleague. We began a friendship and now she is one of my best friends. Speaking of her; her owl flies through my open window and drops a letter on the other side of the small table.

I grasp for the letter and quickly read over it. If I wanted to meet up in the Leaky Cauldron. I definately wanted that so I quickly wrote a reply back.

Maybe I could later go to the forest and run around in my Animagus-form? For some reason my Animagus, a fox, felt more comfortable then being human. Maybe just because I could ran around and not think about anything else as a fox, but as human not.

I quickly slip into a simple, plain white top with high-waisted darkblue denim jeans and some black sneakers. My hair was curled and I shake it over the long, dark green coat with brown buttons I bought somewhere.

Of course Astoria wasn't celebrating this day like other people would do. She hated this day as this is the day her father and mother were arrested and she was alone with her older sister Daphne, who was in the same year as me back then. I didn't celebrate this day as well as I had no one to celebrate it with and I found it disgusting.

Back then, Ron couldn't understand that. That's why I dumped him last year, exactly on this day. We had been more separated for a longer time, but this was the final thing. Ron was angry and since then I haven't really spoken with him. Not that he didn't try to talk, I just hadn't felt the urge to speak with him about it.

Honestly, I think Ron never really forgave me for that. Not that I expected him though: we were in love but I dumped him. Still, he had done more. He was way too overprotective and obsessive, as if any random guy on the street would take me from him if he let go for a second. Maybe he was afraid to lose me like he lost Fred, but it didn't make his behavior right.

Without realizing, I already reached the Leaky Cauldron. I entered the cozy, old fashioned pub and search around with my brown doe eyes for Astoria. She sits at a table by the window. I quickly hurry over to her and we kiss three times on the cheek as greeting.

Astoria was always a beautiful girl, but now she is simply a gorgeous woman with the body of a model. She has her brown hair stuck up in a messy bun and she wears a tight white blouse showing just the right amount of cleavage to be classy but still seductive and a black pencilskirt.

She smiles her pearl white teeth visible and many men turn their heads for her. "Hey Hermione, you look fabulous." "Please, as if anybody can say that when you are in their presence!" "Don't be so damn unsure of yourself! You are a beauty."

Well, I don't see what she sees then. Astoria orders tea with cookies for us and we have a very long talk to fill up our day. Astoria's owl flies through the door, opened by a customer who just wanted to leave, and lands by our table.

"Hello Dove. What do you have for me," asks Astoria, looking at the beautiful tawny owl. She has beautiful, goldbrown feathers. The owl sticks out her claw and Astoria unattaches the little piece of paper.

"Hmm, it's Draco. Wanting to ask if I stay by his manor this evening. Well, I'm busy," Astoria smiles. I look at her. "Draco? What would Draco Malfoy want of you? I thought you two were exes." "We are, but we're still friends. And you, found a man already?" 

"No.." I knew Astoria was going to ask this. She was the romantic type: always searching for love. Someone who cares for her and to take care of. I hope she's going to find the right man soon. "How is it going with Ron, still not talking?" 

"Not really.." "I don't blame you though, Ron is a prick. You are different.. you don't deserve a headless pig like him. You deserve much better!" "Thank you Astoria. I need to go.." "We'll see each other soon Hermione. Bye!" "Bye Astoria!"

I leave the building but don't go back home. I need a good run.