CHAPTER 3 - Doubtful Thoughts

"So we finally made it." Sighs Elijah as he look onward across the empty road. Barely standing right in front of us is the rotting village signboard surrounded by old rusty warnings reminding people not to go beyond or near the point. I've heard rumors about government involved things in here and some people used to call the area as ground zero.

Leaked information from government classified locals claim that they spotted military activity within the area many years before we arrived at the village. Those were the rumors that we collected from people living in small towns miles away from the lost village. At least thats what I've been told.

I remember packing my things along with other people, preparing for a journey, a journey that we weren't supposed to be coming back. Most of the details about that still remains hazy, I can't really remember the reason for that, atleast for now.

"T-this is good.... Im starting to regain small bits of my memory" I tell myself as I stand behind everybody.

The evening wind blew dead orange leaves right trough us, as the night breeze blew trough the group, grazing our ears as if it was trying to whisper something to us. We have no choice but to ignore the eerie sensation that was radiating from every angle of the town so we kept our pace, but we gradually slowed down as we got nearer to the to the center of the town.

"Ugh! It's c-cold," I stutter as I rub my hands against my shoulders.

"Just keep on walking, we're almost there" I tell to the group as I drag my feet across the hard pavement.

Glynis nods.

We continue for a few more minutes until Elijah notices something unusual among the group of houses.

"There's light in it! Somebody was living in here after all this time?!", Asks Elijah.

"No, those people just got here, just a few days ahead of us, I hope nothing bad happened to them especially when we were on the train.", Says Gly as she takes one step closer ahead of us.

"How did you know, what do you mean by a few days ahead of us?", Dan asked with a confused tone.

"That's not important, we should go, they're waiting for us." Replies Gly as she starts walking towards the house.

"We both stare at eachother confused, Elijah and I as we were left hanging.

"Uhhhm... I-Ill go, you should to" He stutters as he starts to walk again.

They all follow her to the only house that had the lights turned on in it. The houses, they were all covered with overgrown vines. The place looks like it hasn't been used for a long time.

I was confused as I try to picture out something.... this feeling that I have in this place... it has.... a... familiar smell.

Suddenly an old picture pops out of my mind, it was a picture of someone in an empty field. The place....again looks familiar, too familiar.

"W-what?" I stutter.

I do remember for some reason our old pictures in my camera got corrupted and messed up, at first we thought the camera might just have gotten wet, but we were wrong. Its not only the pictures in the camera.

Everything about her, about what our past had.... is gone, our records, most of our personal belongings..... everything. Even my friends can't remember anything about what happened before we went to the village. It's like we never even met each other in the first place.

Aside from Glynis, Dan and Khaila, I still don't know what happened to the rest of us. Even this girl, I don't know what kind of relationship I had with her but I know deep inside.... she's somewhere out there, I just have to find her.... and maybe... just maybe... that would answer my questions. For now all that I can do... is to believe.