how you meet (kaneki)

ken kaneki

it was like any normal day for a ghoul who acts like human.i would be sitting in Anteiku, drinking coffee.but I worked at anteiku, so kinda i guess.

i sat at the table next to the window.my favorite spot, where i can watch people walk by and watch how the sky changes color over time.of course since i'm a worker at Anteiku, I'm on my break because if i was slacking off, i would be fired at the spot.and i wouldn't like that

when it comes to breaks for a ghoul it would mean, meal time.go out and hunt for a human then come back and act like nothing happened.but for me i would just sit, drink my coffee and wonder around in my phone.but today my boss, yoshimura showed me the life if...books.

yes, books.i used to be a fan of reading in middle school, and here i am, a adult...sorta working. i used to enjoy just hang around the internet.but yoshimura showed me the books of (favorite genre), so i got interested in the book again.surprising right?i haven't touched nor bothered buying one since middle school and here i am, reading a book that enjoy.

as i read a young male came up to me.my attention left my book to the male that I knew very well."hey kaneki" I smiled at him.did i also say that i would talk to kaneki a lot?touka, she would complain that we would be too loud when we talk, she is just jelly that she isn't as cool at me.but i cannot be mean to my best friend, right?

"hey y/n, can I sit with you?" he asked with a blushing face.this guy, ever since i knew him, he is really shy.well he used to be sorta paranoid because of rize.but now he is slowly becoming his normal self.

"sure" i set my book down and patted the table on the other side of me.in the corner of my eye I saw the purple head grinning." so ken kaneki, how have things been going?" I ask.

" y-you know, the normal stuff.a nerd for b-books and studing." i giggled.

"how is hide?" i ask, leaning on my arm.but my attention still on him

"p-pretty normal.still trying to get me kicked out of more shops" i smiled

"ah hide, does he want love so badly?" i ask, kaneki nods his head.he must have noticed touka's stare on us because he went stiff.

he looks at the book i set aside."(book title)? i-i didn't know you were interested in those types of books" i smiled at him

"calm down.touka is just a tsundere.she won't bite unless she is protecting something or someone.and yeah, yoshimura showed me these types of books.and i just got interested in them again." i patted his shoulder.his body slowly relaxed at my touch."i'll make you some coffee before you head to school" i got up.

"t-thank you" he smiles.i nod my head and walked back to the kitchen.as i picked up the containor for kaneki's coffee, but my eyes landed on him.he just sat there looking at my book.but for some reason there was a sparkle around him, making him look more dreamy.

"y/n" i blink and quickly set the pot down.i look at touka who was grinning "you like him don't you" she whispers making me blush .

"shut up" I mumble, getting back to kaneki's coffee.she laughs at my reaction.

"take this, you'll make the coffee bad" she passed me a cup of coffee.winking, she walks away as if the rest is some sort of romance novel.

i walk back to kaneki, setting the cup down in front of him" sorry about that" I smiled at him as i took my seat.

"it's alright" he smiles, sipping the coffee.setting the coffee down, he contuines reading my book.

"is it interesting?" i ask, tilting my head to see more of his face.he lifts his head up from the book and laughs nervously.

"y-yeah.i only read a few pages and i find it quite interesting.c-can i borrow the book when your done?" he asks.

"sure, i'm almost done so you won't have to wait much longer" i smiled.my eyes looked at the clock.i patted his shoulder "you should get to school, it think school is starting soon" those words were enough for him.he quickly gulped the coffee down, setting the money on the table.

"thank you for the coffee, i'll come back later" he bows before running out.i tilt my head, i wonder why he bows to me.we are the same age, he is just in collage, i am not.

i pick up the book, he set it down on where he was reading.i look at the page.a small smile grew on my face.he seems to enjoy romance scenes.apparently romance is in almost every book i guess, even if it's a little bit.

" so about kaneki..." my attention quickly went to touka who sudden appeared in front of me, like some sorta of magican or ghost."you do know he is going to be working here, right?" she says making my heart bump quicker.

"that's nice..." my mind trailed to the endless fun and time we would spend together

"y/n and kaneki sitting in a library, k-i-s-s-i-n-g" she sings

"would you stop teasing me about kaneki!" i cried out, full blown embarrassment.