Chapter Three ~ I'm A What?

Percy stood outside his mothers apartment, suitcase in hand. He'd spent the whole ride fidgeting with Riptide, unable to guess what his mother wanted to tell him.

The moment he reached the door it was flung open and Sally Jackson crushed her son in a hug worthy of Tyson. She'd clearly been waiting for him.

"Percy, you're safe." She sighed into his shoulder.

"Yeah of course, what about you? What's so urgent?" Percy pulled back a little so he could see his mothers face.

"You. I-" Sally paused for a moment, trying to figure where to begin. She hated to say this. Percy had been through so much already. But he needed to know. Percy stared at her intently, waiting for her to continue. Oh how his eyes were like his fathers. Like the whole ocean contained in two outstanding eyes.

"How about we sit down. Paul is at work so it's just you and I. We need to talk."

Four words. Those four words were all it took for Percy's nerves to skyrocket. The words 'we need to talk' almost never meant anything good.

"Gods how do I start this." Sally muttered.

"With the truth. What's wrong?" Percy prompted.

"Percy, I'll put this bluntly. You're a wizard." Sally held her breath, awaiting his answer.

"No, I'm a demigod." He laughed nervously.

"Well yes, you're that too. But you're also a wizard. Not because of your father, but because of me."

"Hold up, so I'm a what?"

"A wizard."

Silence.

"Well surprise, surprise. So what, you're a wizard too?" Percy ran a hair through his messy black hair.

Sally breathed a laugh, feeling the tension ease. "No, Percy. I'm not a wizard, I'm a witch. The female counterpart of a wizard."

"Oh. But why tell me this now?"

"That's the part that I didn't want to tell you about. And I have no idea how to go about it. We'll just have to wait until he gets here." Sally said. Her words did nothing to curb Percy's curiosity.

"Who?"

"The Headmaster for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." Sally announced.

Percy talked to pass the time. "You know, every time I think 'hey you know what? I don't think things can get any weirder than this' and then they always do." He remarked.

Sally laughed. "But one thing, Percy. Nobody knows you're a demigod. I think your father would rather it stay that way, okay?"

Percy nodded his head. Suddenly, a loud CRACK had Percy up in his feet in an instant, hand hovering over his pocket and eyes scanning for danger. He yelped when he noticed an old man dressed in flowing robes sitting right next to where he was on the couch.

"WHO IN THE NAME OF-"

"Percy, dear this is Dumbledore. He's the Headmaster for Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." She smiled at her son's reaction.

"Oh." He said a little shakily, opting to sit next to his mother on the opposite couch.

"Hello, Percy. As your mother has already introduced, I am Dumbledore. I was here last night." Percy blinked at this news. "How much have you already told him?"

"I got as far as being a wizard." Sally sighed. She really hadn't wanted this to happen, but if it would keep her child safe then so be it.

"What else is there to tell?" Percy asked, completely oblivious.