Chapter One ~ An Old Mentor

The knock on the door came one dark night. Sally Blofis Jackson rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she groggily opened the door. What was on the other side promptly chased away all remaining sleep. Or rather a who. She hastily closed the door in the mans face.

"Sally, open the door." Dumbledore demanded from the other side of the wood.

"Leave. I left for a reason and nothing you say can sway my decision." Sally said stubbornly, furiously pushing her messy dark bed hair from her face.

"I will not barge in without your permission, but what if I said letting me in could change your son's fate?"

With a gasp Sally pried open the door. "How do you even know about Percy?"

"Will you at least let me in?" Dumbledore raised an eyebrow.

With a huff, she agreed, pulling the door wider by a fraction and shutting it again behind him. She loved the man like the father she'd never really had, but she loved her son more. Sally had avoided the magical world for many years now, out of fear and the need to protect herself and her son from the biggest wizarding villain ever known. Percy has a rough life enough as it is.

"Gods, how do you even know where I live?" She grumbled as she sat down in the lounge, in a chair opposite Dumbledore. She looked into his eyes and saw the mischievous twinkle in his eyes and wondered why she even asked.

He never answered.

"Sally, I understand that you will not immediately agree with my suggestion, but at least keep an open mind." Sally leaned back in her seat, waiting for the old man to finish speaking.

"I believe it is best for Perseus to come and stay with us at Hogwarts. It would be the safest option I have available."

"Absolutely not. He is perfectly safe where he is." Sally disagreed instantly.

Even in the low lighting Sally could see her former mentor sigh. This would not be an easy conversation.

"Is he not in bed down the hall?" Dumbledore gestured vaguely at the snores drifting from the hallway.

"No. That would be my husband Paul." Her tone softened a touch at his mentioning.

"So you are not even aware of his whereabouts."

"Of course I am. Who wants him anyway. Last I'd heard my father-"

"Is not actually dead." He said sternly. Sally froze.

"Excuse me? My hearing is not what it used to be, I surely heard wrong."

"He isn't dead, Sally. In fact, quite the opposite."

"How! Last I'd heard he'd kicked the bucket!" She stood, chest rising and falling with a mix of both anger and fear.

"Sally?" A sleepy voice asked.

"Paul. I'm sorry. I woke you up." She quietened down, calming herself.

"Nonsense. What's going on?"

"Nothing you need worry about dear. Just go back to bed and I'll be there soon."

Dumbledore was silent throughout the exchange until the bedroom door shut again.

"Voldemort," Sally flinched, "has used Horcruxes to extend his life to a shadow of immortality."

"So what brings you to my doorstep Dumbledore?" She sighed in resignation, sitting back down.

"I have reason to believe that Voldemort has caught wind of his heir, your son, and fear that he may come after him."

Sally sighed again.

"My son is safe where he is. Out of the Wizarding World." Sally stayed stubborn. Camp Half-Blood would protect Percy. She was sure of it.

But doubt began to seep into her mind like a disease. What if her father got past the camps defences? What if he killed the innocent kids there? Percy deserved none of that. If he found out Camp had been attacked because of him...

"Are you certain?"

She closed her eyes. "No. What do you suggest I do."

"I would recommend sending him to Hogwarts, as a student where he can learn to defend himself with magic, and stay under my protection. He wouldn't be the first target in Hogwarts either. A boy, Harry Potter is also a prime target. Our school has managed to keep Voldemort out for years, and pray shall do so for many years to come. Can you say the same for where you son is now?" Of course this wasn't entirely true. Voldemort had gotten in before, but none of his previous attempts had succeeded.

"No, I can't." She paused. "If, I agree, I shall take him myself to wherever you want him to stay, and assess it for myself." Sally demanded, motherly instincts kicking in. "And not a single hair on his head is to be harmed you understand me?"

"Of course."

"He will be here tomorrow. Now if you would, the door out is that way." She pointed to the left of the room.

"Thank you, Sally." Dumbledore bowed his head in a slight sign of respect. He then closed the door and promptly apparated back to his study at Hogwarts. He'd be back tomorrow to pick up both mother and son.

~~~~

~ Edited by BookwormMDCCCXIII

First chapter. This will follow the book, but you don't have to have read them to follow this story. I'll work out if you need to know the movies.

Peace,

BTSWD
Borntosingwithdrama