Party Games

Nico

I would've never pictured this to happen. But it happened, and I was there. And Jason. And Piper. And Leo. And Frank. And my sister. And yeah.

It was the first day of summer.  We were in my cabin. And we had been playing just fun little games. Right now it was truth or dare. And Annabeth got dared 7 Minutes In Heaven. With Percy.

So I'm trying to ignore what's going on. A few people are really into this. Frank, Leo, and myself are just sitting. Ignoring the others. It hurts enough to just see them together. I don't need to hear them having sex. I like to believe that Percy's a virgin. It's nice to think like that.

"I just don't see the appeal," Leo surprised me when he said that. "Like, sex might be fun and all. I really wouldn't know. But it should be private and on your own terms. Not... Not a game."

"Exactly!" Frank agreed. "and if that's not bad enough, the creeps are listening in to it. That's just weird."

I just nodded my head, trying not to think about it. Thinking about my mom and Bianca.

"Aw, Nico," of course Leo had to be annoying after being relatable. "Are you thinking about your little crush on Annabeth?"

It's because of dumb remarks like that that makes him immune to my stare now.

"No," I insisted, shaking my head. "Gods no."

"Then what are you thinking about?"

"Other stuff."

"Like?"

"My mom?" I thought it was weird that he wanted to know, but whatever. It's Leo, he does what he does. "My sister? Why do you care?"

He shrugged.

"I don't know," the son of Hephaestus remarked. "Just curious. You don't talk much. Your sister is right over there, though."

"No, my other sister." I didn't realize that they've never heard about what happened to Bianca and my mom.

"I didn't know you had another sister," Frank said, now curious. "Older? Younger? Is she mortal or...? I don't think I've met her. I don't know another di Angelo."

"Oh, no, you wouldn't." I assured them that they haven't missed anyone. "Older."

"So she lives with your mom?" Leo assumed. "Or her dad? Because she's not here."

"Um... Well we had the same parents." I explained to the two of them. "I guess she's with both of them. Technically. I guess I'd have to find out where my mom went."

"What are you...?" Frank asked and I saw Leo realize what that meant.

"Oh my gods, Nico," Leo empathized as he put his hand over his hand. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked. You have every right to be pissed off with me. You probably don't want to talk about it."

"No, it's... Fine." I insisted as Leo relaxed, knowing I wasn't mad. "You didn't know. Shit happens. I'm about as over it as I'll ever get. One day then idiot in the next room over might get that and start talking to me again. You never know. Shit happens."

"Did he... What?"

"Percy was around when my sister died," I filled them in on that situation. "He was the one who told me what happened. I kind of freaked out, my sister was dead and my mom died a long time ago. So ever since then he thought I hated him. So that's... Yeah."

"That's why you guys don't talk?" Frank asked me. "That's it?"

"Yeah, basically."

Another 30 seconds went by. They were one 4 minutes in.