Suddenly...

"Momma, momma!" two small voices called.

Aala and I twitch our ears around to the sound. We here tiny paws running and they are coming close to the cave. Aala admittedly stood up on her four paws and hurried out the cave leaving me behind in full confusion.

"Aala, wait up!" I say, as I now get up on my paws and jog after her.

I find Aala hugging two small cubs. Tears stream down both her furry cheeks. These are tears of joy and happiness. Her cubs have come home finally and seem to be not hurt or bruised of any matter. Thank the Great Kings!

"I missed you both so much! How did you get home? Where were you?" Aala asked, with suspense and concern. 

Her first daughter, "Chauna" answered and shortly explained what happened. "Adia and I were play fighting and somehow rolled off a small cliff. We did not realize that we werent in the Pride Lands anymore until we got chased by hyenas and caught by fire. We were saved by a lioness who name I forgot."

"A lioness?" I ask, while raising my brow.

Adia nodded her small head. "Yes, Aunt Maha! Dont worry, she was nice and protected us. She brought us home to make sure that we were safe."

Aala looks around. "Well where is she? I would like to thank her at least for saving you girls lives. That was very brave of her even though she shouldn't be trespassing your Uncle's land."

Chauna shrug her shoulders. "I dont know. She probably left already. She told us that she couldn't stay and seem to be in a hurry."

''Hm, interesting..." I say, while thinking deeply.

Aala hugged her daughters once more and smiled. "Well, at least you girls are home now and safe. I promise I wont leave you alone like that again. It would have hurt me for life if something did had happened."

The cubs purred while nuzzling their faces against their mother's front legs.

"Your father is with your uncle and cousin Heri looking for you girls and your other big cousin Makosa. Makosa is missing too still. I hope he is alright as well."

Aala begins roaring, sending out a call message to Kion that the cubs are home. Kiara, my sister, happens to hear the call and had came out of the cavern. She walks down the rocky steps joining us.

"Aunt Kiara!" The cubs greeted happily and with excitement.

They run up and hug her legs. Kiara giggles and smiles. "I knew the great kings and my father would hear my prayers for you girls. I am so glad that you are home safe and not hurt."

"Makosa still have not returned." I told Kiara.

She sighs shaking her head. "This is ridiculous. Poor Bahiya, I know she is so afraid and worried just as I am. There is nothing we can do but wait and continue to pray to the great kings. I have already spoken to my father. He will protect Makosa where ever he is like he have done Aala's daughters. The great kings will never fail us! I have great faith and hope."

Aala nodded. "Your right Kiara, because the great kings must have sent a lioness to protect my cubs."

"What do you mean?"

"Chauna told me that a lioness have saved them from the fire and had brought them home. She's not here, she admittedly left after dropping them off. I wish I had the chance to thank her. That was very thoughtful and kind. She didn't have to do that. It was choice, a very sweet one that is. If it wasn't for her, the cubs wouldn't be standing here as we speak."

Kiara nodded in agreement. "Yes indeed, that was very sweet and thoughtful of someone to do that. Maybe my father was the one who guided this mystery lioness to your cubs. I hope she got out the Pride Lands as fast as she can and does not run into Kovu while out there. That would be ugly! We all know Kovu's rule about trespassers." 

"Yeah, I know. " She said.

"Aala, Aala!" A voice calls.

"Kion!"

Its Kion, Kovu, Heri, and Makosa back home. Thank the great kings that everyone has made it back home all in one piece. Kiara runs up to her family, while Kion runs up to his. What a happy reunion! I smile and sit in silence as I watch them.

"Daddy!" The cubs greet, while hugging their father.

Aala nuzzled Kion with full affection. He purrs then licks her nose. Kiara snuggles her face under Kovu's dark brown mane.

"Im glad my family is back. I was beginning to worry." She said.

"I told you we would find him, my love." Kovu replied. He rests his chin on top of her head.

Heri, who is one of my nephews walked up to me. We bump foreheads sharing a smile.

"I am glad that you've found your brother. Where was he?" i ask.

"Not far. He was in the grasslands. The reason why we took so long was because we were looking for Chauna and Adia. I am glad they have beat us home and are safe. What a crazy night!" he said, while shaking his head after the last sentence.

"Yes, this night is really crazy and very weird. A lioness not from Pride Rock have saved your cousins. We dont know who she is and what she looks like. She dropped off the cubs and left quick. Im glad your father didn't get a hold of her."

"Yeah, that wouldn't be a good scene. But that was very generous of her."

We both turn our heads seeing Makosa walk pass and head up to the cavern im sure to check on his wife to let her know that he's home. Now that the search is over, we can all rest and get some sleep. Today was a stressful day for all of us. Hopefully, tomorrow will become a better one.