Chapter Two

~Skylar's POV~
Walking to school was harder since I lived farther away now, I used to live next to my old middle school, but we moved across town. The small, cold gusts of wind blew against my skin. My hair flies into my face. I pull strands of hair out of my mouth but more of my long, brown hair keeps flying into my face. I let out a small growl. I kept pulling strands of hair out of my mouth.

After 10 - 15 minutes, I reached my new school. I anxiously walked into the hallway, which was crowded with students, I fixed my messed up hair and searched for my locker. It was noisy, very noisy. I put on my headphones and listened to music. I couldn't hear that my best friend, Hailey, was calling my name. Hailey caught up too me and tapped my shoulder. I jumped and turned around, to my relief it was just Hailey. I pulled my headphones off my head and stuffed them in my backpack.

"Heya! Oh, haha, sorry I startled you."

"Whew. Oh god, heh. It's okay." I said with a small smile on my face.

The hordes of people started to become tiny groups. A tall, brown haired guy walked passed me and Hailey. As he walked by, he smiled and waved at us. At that moment my face became warm, and started turning slightly red. Hailey glanced at me and laughed.

"Hey! What's so funny?" I asked her.

"Looks like Skye has a little crush!" Hailey teased, she kept laughing.

My face became warmer. The bell rang.

"Time to go to class. Bye!" I said, running off.

Hailey kept laughing in the background. When I walked into my first class, I sat down at an empty desk in the back row. And guess what, the tall brown haired dude, was in the desk in front of me. I sunk down into my seat. I could hear Hailey laughing in my head.

When the first class of the day was over, I gathered my stuff and walked out of the classroom. My 'crush' tapped my shoulder. I silently gulped and my face became warm again. I turned around to face him.

"Hey there. I can tell your new here. I'm Ethan, and you are?" He said, giving me a small grin.

"Oh, um. I'm Skylar. And yes I'm new heh."
I stare into his gorgeous blue eyes. I could almost get lost in them. I snap myself out of it as he continues.

"Nervous? Don't be. High school isn't that bad. Stick with me, we can be pretty good friends."
Ethan chuckled, "See ya around."

As he walked off, I kept staring at him. I softly giggled. Everything seemed perfect now. Maybe I don't have to be nervous and shy after all.