ch.11 - christmas special

ابدأ من البداية

Claude gripped Alois' arm and pulled him in the opposite direction when he made an attempt to cross the road.

"The fountain is this way, your highness." He assured, and a giddy Alois proceeded to skip across the icy pavement, bags wiggling on his arm.

Claude trailed closely behind, eyes
glued on the platinum boy's form.

The pair arrived at Trafalgar Square's central fountain fairly quickly and Alois' starry-eyed first endeavour was to sprint to the pair awaiting his presence by the fountain.

Though, in the midst of his ideals, his winter boots turned out to be a little less stable than he had imagined.

His foot was thrown in the air as he tumbled backwards on the iced-over pool of former rain. A gloved hand slipped beneath his own outstretched one, holding him firmly in place.

The blonde boy's eyes flickered up to meet those of his butler's. Alois said nothing, merely inhaled deeply in a futile attempt to rid of the blush on his cheeks.

Embarrassed that (Y/N) may have seen his close call, he slowly circled his demonic butler and made his way over to the girl.

"(Y/N)!" He called, reluctant and eager and a lot more cautious as he approached now. Said girl, still recovering mirthfully from his near-fall, enveloped him in a bear hug, a grin on her face.

"Merry Christmas!" She chirped energetically, breaking the embrace to shove a gift bag to his chest.

Alois took hold of it tightly in his umbrella-occupied hand and pried the girl's own largesse bag from his forearm.

She took the gift gratefully with a smile and a chirpy word of thanks.

Alois and Ciel also swapped gifts, and the posse then proceeded to perch on the edge of the fountain and unwrap them.

Claude held his own gift, not making any attempt to even look at it. Alois' umbrella lay stiffly in his other hand and as usual, he looked as if he wanted to be anywhere but there.

Ciel lifted his blue present from Alois and shook the contents, listening closely. A slight jingle and a cushioned thump made him frown.

"You bought me my newest teddy design." He mumbled, pulling the box from his ear and squinting at the blonde-haired boy.

"Yes," Alois confirmed cheerfully before his emotions flickered. "and it was bloody expensive, too!"

(Y/N) grinned and then glanced at the taller boy inquisitively. "We're supposed to guess what they are?"

Alois nodded quickly and then returned to his bipolar rant. "You need to bring the price down a little bit, Ciel! £9.50 is way too much for a three-inch teddy bear. I could've bought a jammy pair of shoes for that!" He scolded.

Ciel averted his eyes in annoyance and plopped the unwrapped present back into the bag. "Why would I need one of my own teddies?" He mumbled. "I bloody manufacture them."

(Y/N) giggled, ringlets of her (H/C) hair falling into her face. Alois reached over and pushed them back, a pout on his lips.

"I thought it'd be funny." He droned, withdrawing his hand without even so much as a glance in her direction. The girl's face went up in flames. "Honestly, you don't appreciate anything."