ch.6 - a web woven with infatuation

ohmygodimsosorryihaventupdatedinages
———
Run.

There was nothing you could do other than that. Though, even running wouldn't keep him away.

A young earl, so bright and mischievous yet so utterly dark and cruel. So dangerous, so smart, so... scarifying.

Words would always be paltry when it came to him.

You had first met him at a ball hosted by your beloved Aunt Lucy. The authority oozed from him, from his attire to the tiniest strand of platinum hair on his perfect head.

So radiant, so flawless.

But he wouldn't stay flawless forever. He made quick haste in pecking away the tiniest of shards, simpering as he watched you fall for the mask that crumbled beneath his hold.

You were nothing more than a broken marionette, and his watchmaker hands tugged at the strings that controlled your fate.

No matter how far you ran or how well you hid, a mere flick of his finger would send you tumbling straight back into his arms.

The thought of winding up in the implacable hold of such an incandescent-eyed devil sent a delicious chill crawling up your spine.

He knew everything about you.

Every detail, right down to the ability to recite the location of every single freckle on your body.

It scared you, but somewhere deep down, past the panic and the fear, a distressing excitement bubbled beneath.

That frightened you even more.

An angel; that's what you had deemed him as upon your first meeting.

Oh, how you were wrong.

Those eyes, both so careless and yet so careful, so dangerous and yet so vulnerable; were terrifying.

He was your curate's egg.

And you were undeniably afraid of him.

Somewhere amidst the darkness, a set of high heeled boots, their colour dampened by the coal coloured atmosphere, sounded eerily from right in front of you.

Your eyes widened, long eyelashes brushing a soft material covering your endless (E/C) pools swirling with fear.

"(Y/N)," a familiar high pitched tenor drawled, the sound both mellow and grating, and your blood immediately ran cold.

You didn't dare say a word.

He had found you. How? You didn't know.

You had completely cut ties with your family over a month ago in order to assure both your safety and theirs, and fled to a completely and utterly random continent in an attempt to hide from his sturdy grasp.

But he had found you. Again. He always did.

The muscles of your chin trembled as tears brimmed your eyes. They weren't tears of pain nor anxiety, but of thrill and an odd rush of adrenaline that was definitely far too much to comprehend.

This boy was doing strange things to you.

You shifted uncomfortably at the new feeling, and the ominous clatter of chains followed.