ch.11 - christmas special

"Claude, fetch my rain napper, will you?" An excited Alois almost gushed, hand thrown out expectantly to his right.

"Yes, your highness." Said butler drawled monotonously, slipping the green tea coloured umbrella into his hand.

With a twirl of his wrist and a quick swing, the umbrella was high over his head in the buzzing boy's hand.

He bolted out of the door, a bright twinkle on his lips. The gift bags huddled on his arms rustled as he walked, the contents sliding.

Claude had mildly urged on carrying them, but Alois insisted he do it himself as 'he was feeling generous today'.

The bag ribbons strung tightly over his forearms burned as they rubbed his skin over his shirt but Alois paid no heed to it. He felt happy. Excessively happy.

He bore three gift bags, one for his annoyingly monotonous butler; one for his beloved Ciel; and one for (Y/N), the girl he was head-over-heels for(as the Viscount Druitt put it).

Claude's golden orbs flickered to the slight snow pirouetting and curling in the wind. It had been snowing for quite some time now, so the immobile carriages, roofs and pavements were covered ankle-high in the glacial substance.

The thick icy layer crunched beneath Alois' winter boots and for once, Claude didn't completely hate the world around him.

He was a demon, cold-hearted and fake, deft and slick and yet it was pleasantly apparent that every dog had its day. His just happened to be today.

He regarded the soft silver beads, shining eyes following them to their quick end as they dissolved on his tailcoat jacket.

The flakes settled into his dark hair and melted upon the crystalware of his glasses, blurring to small phosphenes when his cesspools of lustrous yellow focused.

Alois slid to an abrupt stop and promptly, Claude followed.

"My Lord?"

"Wha—?" Alois whispered, blowing a hefty sigh from his nose. Wisps of white air curled in the atmosphere where the warmth of his breath hit the cold.

The black clad butler said nothing, merely scrutinised him in confusion.

Alois whipped around one way, and then another, facial expression morphing into that of intense cluelessness.

"I forgot where we were supposed to be meeting." He whined quietly, icy orbs flitting everywhere.

Claude's eyes grew emotionless again. "I believe you are meeting (Y/N) and Ciel at Trafalgar Square, your highness, by the central fountain."

At Claude's recitation, Alois snapped his fingers, eyes twinkling. "I know where that is!"

The butler nodded with a curt sigh. "We go there twice a week to visit the cobbler's."

Alois bobbed his head excitedly, twirling his umbrella in his hands, a spring in his step. Claude eyed the lime parasol inquisitively.

"If I may, your highness," he piped. "why do you require an umbrella when it is snowing outside?"

The first chime of the twelve-o'clock bell breached their ears as Alois pulled a funny face at his butler.

"Because I don't want (Y/N) to think the snowflakes in my hair are dandruff, silly." He stated as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Claude almost pulled a face himself. Squinting, he held in his sigh of defeat. This boy was so... different.

Honestly, he didn't know how to take his bipolar personality. He'd been with the peculiar boy for almost an entire year now, and he still struggled to figure him out.