Chapter 6

When Fury arrived at the lab, Tory was already there with a sharp gaze at Bruce. Tony was again eating some snack and both men were just standing still looking at one off the screen in the room, not working on the scepter.

"What are you doing, Mr. Stark?" Fury asks angry, surprised the men weren't doing their work.

"Uh...kind of been wondering the same thing about you," Tony says back, receiving a glare from Tory, who knew a new argument was about to start.

"Well, we are," Banner kind of answers Fury, who looks at the three of them, asking for someone to say something else.

"The model's locked and we're sweeping for the signature now. When we get a hit, we'll have the location within half a mile," Tory explains, pointing at the monitor in front of them, that had a lot of numbers and things flashing.

"And you'll get your cube back, no muss, no fuss," Tony says turning his gaze at another screen, that showed a lot of S.H.I.E.L.D's files.

"So what's Phase 2?"

Suddenly, the door opens and Steve comes in with a big weapon in his hands, with an angry expression.

"Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D uses the cube to make weapons," Steve says dropping the weapon on one of the tables. Everybody's looks over to him, he turns to Tony.

"Sorry, the computer was moving a little to slow."

"Rogers, we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're..." the director tries to explain.

"I'm sorry, Nick," Tony interrupts, moving to the screen that shows the blueprints of the weapons and turning it to Fury.

"What were you lying about?" Tory smirks.

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit," Steve says. At this moment, Thor and Natasha enter the lab, looking over to Banner, who looks to her, pissed.

"Did you know about this?" he questions her, pointing a pen he had in his hand to the monitor.

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Romanoff asks cautiously.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed," Bruce states out with anger.

"Loki's manipulating you," she warns him.

"And you've been doing what exactly?" he questions. Everyone is just watching the two arguing, always looking over to Bruce, who was getting angrier.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you," Nat says with a small smile on her lips.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy," the doctor says turning again to the screen.

"I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction."

"Because of him!" Fury says pointing to Thor, who looks confused.

"Me?" the god asks pointing at himself.

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned," Fury tries to explain.

"My planet wants nothing but peace with your planet," Thor says on the defensive.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled," the director snaps.