Chapter 3

It was already dark when Tory arrived at the helicarrier. She landed with the Iron Man suit at the same time a jet landed. She watches as the ramp goes down and her brother comes out with Natasha Romanoff, Captain America and a blond man wearing really funny clothes. A dozen of guards who are waiting outside enters the jet and comes down with a guy who's handcuffed. Tory comes out of the suit and walks up to her brother's direction with a smirk.

"Does your mother knows you wear her curtains?" Victoria asks the huge man. He looks at her serious, Tony starts laughing.

"Nick, Stark's sister has just arrived," Nat informs in her earpiece, walking to the door.

"So... who are you, Goldilocks?" Tory asks looking at the huge man again.

"I'm Thor, God of Thunder," Thor answers seriously, not getting into her sarcasm.

"Get inside all of you!" they hear Fury shout from somewhere.

"Capcicle," Tory says saluting Captain Rogers who just looks at her, rolling his eyes.

"Why did you get Mark XVI?" Tony starts asking his sister, following her, while she enters the suit again, to go inside.

"I chose it randomly," she answers and just storms inside the helicarrier with a look from the three men.

...

Everybody, but the Starks, was watching Fury talking to Loki, at the briefing room, while trying to figure out what was Loki's plan.

"The mindless beast makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" Loki asks through the screens.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control," Fury answers forcefully.

"You talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is," Loki says with an evil smile on his face.

"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something," Nick says walking out of the room. The screens go black and everyone just sits still, looking at each other.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Doctor Banner asks cutting the silence.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks in his Captain America mode, getting serious.

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract," Thor answers the questions next to Steve.

"An army? From outer space?" Rogers questions, not believing the craziness the world has turn to.

"So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for," Banner states out, in his thinking mode.

"Selvig?" Thor asks confused.

"He's an astrophysicist," Bruce answers.

"He's a friend."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," Natasha enters the conversation.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here," Steve points out.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him," Banner says, serious.

"Have a care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother," Thor says with anger, stepping closer.