Chapter 5: Am I...in the hospital?

Start from the beginning

There's a silent in between the question and answer. Jungkook lick his lips. "2...", we wait for the maknae to finish his words. "It's 2016". My heart drop. No... I knew this will happen but still, I can't stand this. It's too much. Taehyung and Hoseok are the first person to cry. "No...Jungkook, no. I-it's 2017 now. It almost 2018 for another few weeks". Taehyung cry, sobbing on his words. Jungkook face drain it's color. "No, no, no. That can't be true...right?". Tears begins to form on the corner of his eyes as he look directly into my eyes, searching for the truth.

"What Taetae say is true...it's almost 2018. Right now you are no longer 19 but 21*. You're already a grown up". Tear still streaming down his cheeck. "Tae...tae?". "It's me...Jungkook. Taetae is me. You always call me by that name...remember? And you say it suits me". Taehyung sob really hard. "Why can't you remember? Who did this to you?!", he's in rage. Jimin tries to calm him and give him a hug from the back. "Tae...he doesn't remember anything within the one year gap period with all the damage he had taken. Let him take it in slowly and try to let him recover, okay?". Jimin rest his head on Taehyung's shoulder while stroking his hair gently. Averting his eyes to Jungkook, giving him a sorry and yet a painful smile. "Sorry Jungguk-ah. Taehyung is really sensitive with what happen to you". His Busan dialect takes over.

I see fear in Jungkook's eyes. No, it's not because Taehyung sudden explosion. It's beacause he feel guilty about not remembering Tae's nickname. I will feel the same way if I couldn't remember Jungkook's name. "Jungkook-ah, I know this is hard for you but I want you to listen to me okay?". The maknae nod weakly with his watery eyes staring at the void. "Look at me. Hey, Jeon Jungkook, look into my eyes", I cup the later face and tilt his head up to make him look at me. He hesitate for awhile but he's not being stuborn. "I promise I'll explain everything for you but right now I want you to give me full cooperation so that you can recover fast...okay?". He nod again and I smile.

I signaling Jimin to give me the stuff we bought for Jungkook. "Are you feeling hungry?", I ask him with a soothing voice like I'm talking with a child. He doesn't really giving me an answer, but that just show him he's really hungry. "Lookie here...", I'm holding a preheat readymade mac and cheese infront of him. "I've got you mac and cheese". Not gonna lie, I can see the maknae almost drool himself as he watch me open it and let the smell fill up his nostril. I scoop a portion of the named pasta with a plastic fork and lead it to his mouth. "Say ahh...", with that Jungkook open his mouth widely like a child and I feed him. He chew his food with hunger consuming his body.

"How is it?"

"...It's delicious", he look at me with a pitiful sight. "C-can I have more?". Finally my tears burst out. Now I can watch Jungkook eat his breakfast for the first time in forever. I wipe my tears with my sleeve and smile widely at him. "Of course baby brother. It's all yours. Here...". I feed him again. He really enjoying the taste. "I'm sorry I couldn't make you something myself. I mean, if I cook for you, it'll be even more tastier than this preheated food. And I'll make all your favourite dish just for you. Haha". I laugh weakly. Sounding like I didn't mean it but I do mean every words I say.

"I-it's okay. I'm grateful that you bought me something to eat. Y-you can cook for me next time when I feel hungry...right?". I stroke the maknae's head lightly not wanting to hurt him than he already did. "Of course...as long as I'm here. I'll cook for you, three meals a day". I look at the other member with each of their face wet with dry tears. "You guys should probably eat up. You all must be very hungry". With that, all of them take their sit on the sofa and the rest sits on the floor and eat up their food.

"Hyung...", I turn my head towards the maknae. "Yes? Is there something else that you want? Fruit? Do you want apple juice? I have it in one of the grocery. I'll go and get it". Before I can stand from my sit, Jungkook immidiately speak up ,"No...". I can see that he want to move his hand but couldn't because of his injuries. So I put my hand around his cold one. "Jungkook?". "I...I just wanna know what happen to me. Why am I like this? Why I can't move my body or even feel my body?". That's the question that I'm afraid he might ask. Well not might, he WILL ask.

"I know you wants to know it so badly. It's your right to know what actually happen. But right now...I want you to rest after you finish you food. I already promise to tell you everything we know, okay?". He just nod silently. "Be patient. You're already gone throught alot of tough time". I jerk my body near the maknae and give him a kiss on the forehead. It's maybe a little weird for me to kiss him in his current state but he doesn't seem to care either way. So I'm happy that he let me kiss him. Without noticing, a pair of cold sharp eye just stare at me and the maknae from a distance. Watching the whole scene.

Author's note:

*I don't know if it is just in korea or any other country included but in this case, in 2017, Jeon Jungkook was supposed to be in his 20 but tell all the viewer that he's already 21 years old. Internationally, yes Jungkook is 20 but they never count their age from 0 since they were born and instead skipping it to the age of 1. Confusing on how logically they made it possible but like I said in the previous chapter, I don't even care as long Bts happy.

And one more thing. I may or may not be updating for this coming wednesday issue because I'll be having a family vacation at a place call Kota Kinabalu which located at Sabah, Malaysia or something. So if any one of you know that place could you help me? Can you kindly tell me where can I find k-pop stuff there coz my twin sister want to buy some for her new collection. (The fact is, I'm writing this for my twin)

Anyway...I'm really sorry if I can't update the next chapter this wednesday. I'll be gone for 4 days starting on Monday so...I'm really sorry guys. But I'll try my best to keep on connecting with you guys. I gotta find a place with better wifi then...Oh well, see you fellow Army💕 after my vacation. Like always...I love you all. Bts and Army💕(especially to dazchloe-ssi). Peace and I'm out! See ya~