Turtle x Reader:

A/N: This comes from my trip to visit my family. I would also like to thank you all. This fic is ranked #5 for tmnt and I am just in shock right now.

He was not suppose to be there. Honestly, things could have worked out much better had he listened and avoided the area. But no. The idiot thought it would be fun to swim around in the lake while you fished, despite your earlier warnings of trout lines being everywhere.

"Way to go." You sat in the boat and simply stared at him. He did not look amused, the watery look in his eyes almost making you feel bad for him. Near the shore, Raphael was laughing so hard tears fell down his cheeks. He had also told Mikey that it was a bad idea to swim in the lake.

Still, he insisted he would be fine. He wished to swim with the non-mutated turtles who, he had argued, had been just fine despite the trout lines. At the time his eyes had been alight with such excitement that trying to deter him from his fate was difficult. You gave up, and now those baby blues were piercing you with a plea to help him.

Good thing the lake was secluded, or he would have been spotted.

"Stop flailing around so I can cut you free." You finally said, unable to stand his sad expression any longer. It stopped being funny, despite Raphael still laughing. As you set to work on cutting the trout line from Mikey, you noticed several large hooks piercing his skin and winced. Even for a mutated turtle -thick, leathery skin and all- that had to be painful. He would definitely need them cut out.

"Alright. In the boat you are." The line was trashed now, which was a pity, but Mikey was safe from the thin ropes that had ensnared him. Carefully you helped the youngest of the ninjas in the boat, sitting him down on one of the benches. Thank God it was big enough to hold his weight. "Stay still now. If Leo sees these I think he may pass out."

Tears swelled in his eyes. "They hurt!" He whined, and had you not been holding onto his hand he might have even shook it and potentially worsened the wound. "Get them out~"

Biting back a sharp remark, you took a steadying breath and focused on the task before you. "Hey, Mikey... tell me about that one mutant you guys met last week." You really only said it to get his mind off the pain. You knew all the details, but he went into story mode anyways. It gave you the opportunity that you needed in order to get the hooks out. Only three, but they were nasty looking hooks. Whoever had them set up were looking for some huge catfish.

His story got interrupted by each hook being removed in order to yelp in pain, but you did not pause. Straight from removing them, you disinfected the wounds and wrapped them securely. "There." Much better. Perhaps he was not the one to take fishing. He didn't have the patience for fishing with a pole, but this did not seem to be his thing either.

Oh well, it certainly was not for everyone. In fact, you were probably more surprised than ever to see that Raph of all the brothers had the patience to fish. He never got frustrated like you -and everyone actually- had guessed.

"Thank you!" Mikey's relieved words were accompanied with him trying to jump up to hug you. Gasping, you quickly forced him to sit down and snapped about not rocking the boat lest the two of you want to end up stuck in the lines.

You shook your head as you returned to the shore. Mikey immediately got drug off to deal with a lecture from Leo, and you watched him go with a sigh. "How is your fishing going?" You asked, turning to face the red-masked turtle, who only stopped laughing once he realized you had been talking to him.

"I caught one, but it was barely on there or somethin' and fell back in the water." His shrug said he didn't really mind losing the fish. Which made sense, as Raph was a softie underneath his hard exterior.

"Maybe next time, then." It was about time to get packing to head home. Camping with the turtles had been loads of fun, but there had definitely been times you worried about their safety.

The walk back to the truck was exhausting, each step harder than the last.

"This was so much fun! Thanks for taking us with you!" Mikey grinned, climbing into the truck. There was a bit of a knot on his head from being smacked.

"Yeah, thank you so much. We really learned a lot." Leo gave you a hug before he climbed into the truck. He was one of the sweetest guys you had ever met, regardless of species.

"It was... peaceful. I guess." The comment took you by surprise, but you smiled at Raph anyways. Even the temperamental one had his moments, it seemed.

Where was Donatello? You had lost track of him during your trip back to the truck. Was he going to help load the boat? Apparently. Inwardly you cringed. Though he tried, Donnie was not very good at backing you up. You had to do most of it yourself by being very careful. Thankfully, he was more skilled at loading and strapping the boat than he was as a spotter.

"Thanks Donnie!" You smiled, noticing the heat that was turning his cheeks pink. He always liked to feel useful. Even for simple things. It really had been a wonderful trip! Well... aside from Mikey not listening...

A/N: Sorry it is short and not fluffy. I have been mobile for a while so it is harder to write :(