Raphael X Reader: Losing Spike

A/N: Making this quick! Alright. Taking Requests, thanks for reading and enjoy!

You knew that it was hard for Raph.

You knew his brothers didn't really understand it.

 You also knew that it was going to take time for Raph to recover.

 You understood all of this.

What you did not understand was why Raph was pushing you away. Why he was shutting you out.

"Hey Raph, you still gonna teach me how to use the sais?" You ask, walking up to the red turtle who was sitting on the couch flipping through a magazine he probably wasn't even reading - you knew this because it was upside down and he was staring at the same page for over twenty minutes.

"Not today." Raph replied vaguely, sounding distant and waving you off with a hand. You stared at him for a moment, a little hurt, but then you sighed.

"Alright. Maybe another time then." You say softly as you sigh and walk into the dojo by yourself.

You missed Spike too. You lost him too. Not only did you lose Spike though, you lost Raph as well. All of it was like a kick to the gut by a Kraang droid.  It was so sudden too. Mikey was still recovering, all of Raph's brothers were. All of them just knew Spike was Slash and that Slash was evil. You knew better. Raph wasn't really paying much attention to you though and his temper was even worse.

Yesterday, you had went up to ask if he knew where your cell phone was and he snapped at you. It was something he did often, yes, but it wasn't ever that harsh... at least not towards you. Usually Raph was different around you, kinder, more open... he would laugh a lot more and smile. Now? Now it was like you were some pest that he couldn't get rid of.

That is the part that hurt the most was that he wasn't really talking to you, wasn't looking at you, it was like you were invisible to him - well, when you weren't being a pest it seemed. You had developed a crush on the turtle - well you recently realized the feelings you had were those of romance which had embarrassed you - and you had been trying to figure out how to tell him. Now though, all of it seemed pointless. For a while you had gotten your hopes up, thought he might like you back. Now your hope was gone.

You were sure of what you were to him.

A pest.

As you were in the dojo, you realized you never even liked training. In fact, you hated it. Everything about it was just pain, more pain, hard work, and over all training wasn't something you liked. However, you had gotten into it because it was all Raph ever did and it was a way for you to spent time with him. Given it did help you keep in shape and you felt great to work out. That didn't change your feelings towards it though.

Gah! Why is this all so complicated?!?! You ask yourself mentally, grabbing onto the lowest branch of the tree that you could reach and began climbing. You did like climbing trees, and hanging out in them was something you liked to do often. You pretty much blended in because the leaves were so thick and there were so many branches.

"What do you know about any of it anyways?" An angry voice said, going from faint to louder, angrier.

Raph. You thought longingly.

"I know that you're being ridiculous and you are shutting everyone out." A voice replied, a voice that belonged to non other than the fearless leader himself. Leonardo.

"I'm not shutting everyone out!" Raph growled, and you heard a crash - probably Raph breaking something.

"Raph, you are. We know you miss Spike, but he's gone. He's evil. We know you want to grieve over your loss but we can't afford to do that right now. And (Y/n)-"