Chapter 10

I walked in the mansion and the smell of alcohol and smoke hit my nose almost instantly. I looked around and saw people dancing and drinking. Other people were huddling into a corner and trying to talk to each other. I sighed and walked towards the backyard. People were scattered across the ground and around the pool. I found a spot close to the pool and sat down.

    "Bitch," I heard someone say. I looked up to see no one there. Then I saw people gathering around a blond guy and a brunette girl near me. The blondie was really familiar to me. Then I realized.

    He was that guy from the food court.

    I hadn't been to the food court in a while and I had no classes with him, so I hadn't really seen him much.

    "That gets really old when you call me it more than once, you know," the girl spat out.

    "Why do you have to be such a prick?" The blondie questioned. "I can't believe I thought you were cool at one point."

    "Do you really think I care if you think I'm cool? I don't know who you think you are, but I could care less about your opinion."

    "Says the one that was all over me a while ago."

    "I would never do that. You're a whore."

    "Bitch."

    "Your words don't hurt me, sweetheart."

The guy seemed really furious at that point. He stormed off, his declining self confidence evident in the way he was walking away.

Everyone slowly walked away from the scene and went back to doing what they were before everything happened. I smiled at the confidence of that girl and played with the hem of my shirt, something that I do when I'm bored.

    "Can I sit over here?"

    I looked up and saw the girl looking down at me. I molded and patted the ground.

    "Are you seeing someone?" She asked me and I instantly became uncomfortable.

    "Umm...yeah," I responded. "His name is-"

    "It's Drew, right?"

    I nodded at her. A look of recognition washed across his face.

    "Ahh. I thought so. I'm Breezy. Dallon's girlfriend. He's told me a lot about Pete and his boyfriend. Which happens to be you."

    "I'm Patrick ," I told her.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Patrick." I could already tell that her and I would become very good friends.

    "So...I'm guessing you saw my little 'argument' with Mikey?" Breezy questioned.

    "His name is Mikey?"

    "Yeah. I went to high school with him. He tried to steal Dallon from me actually." That sounded too familiar.

    "I saw on Instagram that she was going to find a way to take Pete from me.

    "Well, I know how to stop him," the brunette assured me. "Trust me, she might seem tough, but the only thing that's tough on him is his fingernails."

    I smiled. That's when I thought of something else ask her.

    "Do you know a Brendon? He was supposed to be here tonight but I haven't seen him."

    "Is that that guy who was swapping spit with another dude earlier?"

    I was shocked. I knew that Brendon was attracted to guys-this is Brendon we're talking about, of course he likes dick-, but I didn't know that he was currently into someone.

    "What?" I said to her.

    "Do you want me to show you?"

    I nodded. We got up and weaved through the crowd of people. Breezy and I went upstairs. She put her index finger up to her lips and pointed to a figure in the corner.

    Well, more like two figures.

    I saw Brendon and another guy making out in the corner. I was so shocked that I had no idea what to do. When the two backed off of each other a little, Breezy grabbed my hand and dragged me down the stairs. She took me into the kitchen and I practically groaned.

    I saw Pete dancing on a table with a bottle of whiskey in his hand. He was obviously drunk.

    We hadn't even been there for an hour and he was already on a table. Damn.

    I let go of Breezy's hand and walk up to the table.

    "Pete!" I yelled. "Get off of that table right now!"

    "Back off," a girl beside me scoffed. "You can't tell him what to do. He's not your boyfriend."

    I glared at the girl. "Actually, he is. So go fuck yourself sweetie." I knew instantly that that sounded a little bitchy, but I didn't care at the moment. What I cared about was getting Pete back home.

    "Pat!" Pete slurred. "Come up here and join me!"

    I sighed and grabbed his leg. "Baby, can we leave now? I wanna go home."

    He looked down at me and stopped dancing. He then got down and grabbed my hand. "I guess so," he replied. After saying goodbye and giving my number to Breezy, I half walked-with, half carried Pete to the car after making him throw out his whiskey.

    When we were in the car, he started to ask me the most ridiculous questions.

    "Patrick, are zebras real?"

    "Patrick, can I have a unicorn?"

    "Patrick, is water wet?"

    After giving him a bath and putting him to bed, I took a shower and went to bed thinking about talking to Brendon tomorrow.

                             •••

    I woke up hearing someone heaving into a toilet. I got up and walked into the bathroom, only to find Pete throwing up in the toilet. When he was finished, he sat on the cold floor and covered his face with his hands.

    "I had one and a half six packs last night and half a bottle of whiskey but I don't remember anything else."

    "You poor thing," I said, helping him up and back into bed. "Just rest today. You don't have any classes so you don't have to even leave this room."

    "But I need to take a show-"

    "I have you a bath last night."

    "Wait...you gave me a bath last night? Did we do anything else?" He asked suggestively.

    I smacked him on the head. "We did not do anything last night."

    "Okay then.."

    "Do you think you can stay here alone for a while?" I asked him while grabbing his hand. "I need to talk to Beebo and go buy some groceries to put in that fridge."

    "Yeah, I can stay here. As long as I have the tv remote, I'll be fine," he said. "And why do you need to talk to Brendon?"

    I knew that I shouldn't have said anything before talking to Brendon, but I couldn't help myself.

   "I saw Bren making out with a guy last night."

Pete broke out into a grin, his eyes crinkling at the sides. "Beebo has a boy toy?" He asked while wiggling his eyebrows. I giggle and shrugged.

"That's why I need to talk to him."

    "Okay then," he said to me. I gave him a kiss and then went into the bathroom to take a shower.

    After getting dressed and grabbing my wallet, phone, and car keys, I gave Pete another kiss and walked out.

    I looked at my phone and dialed Brendon's number. I really hoped that he was awake because I didn't think I could go any longer without knowing what happened.

    After ringing and ringing, the phone went to voicemail. I sighed, put my phone in my pocket, and went to my car.