Chapter 6

I was crying into Brendon's shirt while Pete was being pulled away by the counselor. I was absolutely stunned when Pete came out of nowhere and started to punch Jack. No one had ever done something like that for me.

I was still crying hysterically when Brendon spoke up.

"Do you maybe wanna go and see him? Maybe that will calm you down a bit."

I nodded and followed Brendon down the long corridor and to the front of the door of the nurse's office.

"He's in here."

"B-But what about my hair?" I asked him.

"It's fine" he reassured me. "Trust me, he's not going to judge you."

I sighed and put my hand on the doorknob. Just as I was about to open the door, Brendon spoke up again.

"Wait!" He exclaimed.

"What?"

"Don't judge him by what he did, okay? He's not a violent person unless he really has to be. Just listen to what he has to say."

I nodded and walked into the nurse's office.

We locked eyes as soon as I walked in.

I walked over to him and sat down on the soft chair that's beside the cot he was on. I stared at the linoleum floor and sighed.

"My mom said that she's coming to pick me up." Pete told me. "She also said that she could pick you up also if you wanted he-"

"Why did you do that?" I interrupted.

"What?"

"Why did you beat him up like that?"

He blushed and looked down. "No one should talk to you like that, Patrick."

"But-"

"Let me finish." He said. "You're not supposed to allow people to talk to you like that. But that's not the only reason I did that.

I did that because you deserve better than to be treated like that. I can't stand to see you sad like that. I..I think you're too cute to be sad, Patrick. You are sweet and caring and gorgeous and smart and a bunch of other things like that. You didn't deserve it, Patrick You...you're probably gonna hate me after I say this, but...I also did what I did because I like you, Patrick. Like, a lot."

My eyes were wide and a blush crept across my face.

Did he really just say that?

That's when I realized how much I liked him.
•••••••••