Chapter 7

I started to develop feelings for him ever since he walked into my house for the first time. He was everything I had hoped and dreamed for. Smart, funny, confident, and very handsome. That's why I stared at him like had two heads.

      "W-What?" I asked him. I had to be absolutely sure that he just said he liked me.

       "I like you, Patrick" he whispered to me. "Like, like like."

        I couldn't help but smile at him.

        Then I got a knot in my stomach. It was finally time to tell him how I felt about him.

         "The feeling is...mutual" were the only words that tumbled out of my mouth. I blushed really hard.

         'You are the most socially awkward person I know, Patrick.' I thought to myself.

         He looked at with wide eyes. It was his turn to look at me like I had grown two heads.

         "You actually like me back?" He asked, his voice cracking through the whole thing.

        I nod at him and smile. "I do. I like you back."

        He sits up more and gives me a hug. I decide to take this a step further.

         Now I was a little nervous when I kissed him, but as soon as his soft lips met mine, I knew that I had made the right choice.

                         ********

             I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling of my new dorm room. I was having mixed emotions at that moment. I was feeling anxious, happy, and frustrated. I was mainly feeling frustrated at what that little heifer had said about me and Pete.

             I was in the middle of daydreaming about chopping his head off when Pete walked in and laid next to me. I didn't even acknowledge his presence.

           "Is there something wrong, Babe? Did something happen at the food court that made you want to come back here?" He asked me in concern. I nodded my head at him.

            I can feel him staring at me. As much as I would like to ignore him, I knew that that wasn't an option.

            I turn on my side and look at him in the eyes.

            "Well...I saw this thing on Instagram and it really...bothered me. It was a picture of- and don't think I'm jealous when I say this- the back of your head. The guy that put it up said below it that you were hot and that you were going to be his by the end of the year. He also basically said he would find a way to break us up."

                "You don't have anything to worry about, Lunchbox" he said to me. "The only way we would break up would be if you broke up with me. Just don't let him get to you, okay?"

                   "Okay."

                   I felt guilty for not telling him the whole story but if I did he probably would've freaked. As much as I loved him, his advice didn't really help me at all. But I did decide that I would only mess with him if he messed with me. And he would never mess with me, right?

                      Wrong.
                      •••••••••