Chapter 1

The scream of Cora's mother awoke her from a deep sleep. "CORAAAAAA GET YOUR SORRY ASS OUT OF THAT PIT OF A BEDROOM AND COME DOWN HERE!!!!" Cora rubbed the sleep from her eyes and yawned. Many times the people in her band had asked where she had gotten the vocal talent from. The answer was always the same. She shrugged and smiled.

Pulling on items of clothing she went downstairs. "Never ever see why that school keeps you there. All you do is cause trouble." Cora toned out her mother's complaints about everything she could. "I said Ava was a bad influence on you... The next thing I know you both could be going out and attending wild parties!!"
"mum. I feel the need to stop you there. You know I smoke, you know that I have gone to many a concert and you've never complained... I wake up five minutes late for a ride from Terry and it's like hell broke loose" Cora could feel herself getting angrier every minute.

Her mother turned round to face her daughter with a the same look in her eyes as a wolf looks at its prey. "I know hunnie... I'm sorry... I just don't want you getting hurt okay?" Cora nodded. Good old mum... Always being overprotective.

A few short blocks away from the madhouse Jonathan Hicks woke up, he rolled out of bed and showered, he yawned and checked Facebook, noting down how much drama had been caused in the summer. Shrugging it off he went downstairs, his mum and dad had already left for work, giving him free run of the home. "Lunch is in the fridge, there's money in the usual place. Love mum x, keep up the good work son, I'm proud of you Dad" he smiled.

The time passed between sorting his bag out and finding his lunch. He waited for the bus to arrive.

Cora climbed into the back of Terrys van, her and four others made up the school band Kayos.
Terry was the other dreadhead in the band, he was long and thin, but he was one hell of a drummer.
Ava was Cora's female friend, she was the bassist, her hair was normally in a mohican because well, why not?
Alex was the guitarist, one of two, the other guitarist went by Jj, the pair where twins, Alex had spiked hair, Jj had shoulder length black locks.
And Cora? Cora was the vocalist.

Jj, Alex and Ava sat in the back squished between boxes of music gear, cora and Terry sat in the front engaged in a deep conversation about life.

"So Cora, is your mum still an overprotective bitch?"
"I wouldn't go that far, but yeah. Like she flipped at me because I was a few seconds late out of bed."
"Seriously?"
"Yeah man! Like I tuned out most of the bullshittery that came out of the woman. Like if she doesn't like me that much why the fuck did she lay on her back and accept my fathers hot seed?!?"
Ava shrieked "Cora! Tone it down!"
"Sorry... I got carried away..."

The five got out of the van, sauntering up to the high school. Cora stood with Ava and the girls lit a cigarette each. "They will kill you Cora" Cora looked up to the voice.
"Stacey Morris. How unpleasant to see you"

Stacey. She lived a street or whatever from Ava. She was the stereotype cheerleader, long blond flippy hair, too much make up etc etc. Cora looked at Ava "Stacey."
"Yes?"
"Your roots are showing"
With that the cheerleader ran off into the toilets to check.

Jonathan got of the bus with his best friend Corey Jones. The pair of them shoved each other around laughing like goons. Jonathan stopped and stared at the girls. "Look at her...." Corey followed his friends gaze. "Its not her... Is it?..." Jonathan took in her ripped black jeans, her plain black vest top and her dreadlocks... As she turned to look at him, Jonathan's heart jumped into his throat. "Wow..."

Cora saw him looking at her. Ava nudged her slightly. As Jonathan walked past they locked eyes. Jonathan chanced a smile, Cora's dark blue eyes flashed at him, she returned his smile with one of her own... But it wasn't a smile that screamed "IM HAPPY TO MEET YOU!!!" it seemed to snarl "Touch me and I'll rip your face off." Jonathan shuddered and walked off.
"She's intense..." He muttered