⁰³⁶ NIGHT ELEVEN

Start from the beginning

heart on her mouth and with shaky legs, she tried to tone down the way her nerves shake. jiho had safely reached RUNCHA RANDA corporation but she was still clueless of what was there to come. to say that jiho was nervous was an understatement, countless of thoughts seem to run unstoppable in her mind as she trudged her way inside the building and reach the reception.

"g—good evening i—" a hand coming into contact with her trembling shoulder, even before jiho could've asked permission on the woman sitting on the information lounge, a pair of glossy brown eyes welcomed her sight."y—ugyeom?" "jiho, i—please come with me immediately!"

what happened?

thousands of thoughts occupying jiho's mind, the woman didn't know the right thing to do. eyes wide as she stared blankly on the pale door and nerves running overdrive as her heart hammered inside her chest, jiho couldn't move as she stood frozen infront of jeongguk's office. namjoon and even lilia had stood a couple of good five meters to make way for the 'so called' privacy.

standing beside yugyeom with her shaky hands, she gathered the courage as she let her skin meet the wooden frame but for almost the umpteenth time, she had hesitated on knocking. am i really needed here? am i even supposed to be here? the phrase was the first thing that had ever crossed her mind when yugyeom called. knowing full well that her relationship with jeongguk was almost coming to an end (specifically, in the span of almost three days) and they're almost as close as strangers, the woman didn't know if she should really be the one standing here or lilia, jeongguk's current lover.

i am nothing but his wife on the paper and the mother of his son, nothing more and nothing less. i am nothing to him, he has a new woman in his heart and yet why would they still contact me? heart sinking, jiho could only swallow thickly. yugyeom, sensing the reluctance on jiho as he knew the current situation between the broken couple, the man could not blame the woman for her hesitation and he decided to put everything in his hands to push her. "jiho," the man gave an encouraging smile to jiho, before his actions made the woman panic.

a knock followed by a soft voice echoing in the vicinity, jiho felt her breath being caught up in her throat as she heard yugyeom speak, "jeongguk this is yugyeom, jiho has come to take you home"

wide eyes meeting yugyeom's, even before jiho could've processed the other man's actions, a tired and tear-stricken jeongguk suddenly opened the door and the next thing she knew is that she found herself stumbling a bit as she became entrapped in a trembling arms.

"ji" a soft and broken whisper echoing delicately on jiho's ears, a surge of warmth seemed to creep inside her heart and the urge to return the embrace ate her heart. "ji" a sniffle and a shaky sigh escaping on jeongguk's lips, the arms that encircled her petite figure had started to shake vigorously as jiho felt tears soaking her shoulder.

clinging unto jiho as if his whole life depended on her, the bottled up feelings of whys, how, regret and the self-hatred he had accumulated burst into his broken body once he had heard of jiho's presence. all of the self-moping he had inside, popped into tiny pieces as he desperately seek for jiho's warmth to blanket him. he wanted to get on his knees and beg for forgiveness on jiho, he wanted to make it up for all his mistakes . . . all along he had always been running on a lost cause. all along, he had been running futilely, hurting the one person who'd always stood right beside him through ups and downs. he had been such a fool to hurt the one person who'd have been the first one to give him the brightest smile and the love he had always yearned to be returned.