Tokoyami x Asui

Lonely Shadow

Villain sightings and activity had increased since the attack on the U.S.J. involving the League of Villains and Class 1-A. Since the incident, U.A. had established extra measures to try and ensure the safety of its students. One of these being that students living near one another should accompany one another home. 

Over the past few weeks Tokoyami and Asui have been walking home together more due to Asui's family moving right down the street from Tokoyami. The pair have long talks about subjects ranging from their quirks, their cccssmate and basic life in general. The unlikely have grown very close since the U.S.J. incident. 

"So, Asui, how are you holding up?" Tokoyami glanced at the frog-like girl from the corner of his eye. 

"I'm fine, just worried about another attack. How are you? Also, I told you to call me Tsuyu. Ribbet." Asui peered down each alleyway nervously. 

"I've been better. Since we haven't been spending much time outside lately Dark Shadow hasn't been acting out. I'm nervous for the time when I do use him at night and if he will lash out." A sigh escaped his mouth as he slowly closed his eyes.

The pair continued on their way to their homes when they heard a noise behind them. Neither of them turned around but they could feel the eyes of several villains watching them. Tokoyami grabbed Asui by the wrist and raced forward. Their quirks together could take out several villains if they knew the odds but with everything that had happened they needed to think about their own safety and the safety of others. 

"Where are we running to, Tokoyami? We have to stop and make a plan on how to handle them." Asui was the one who always believed that together they were a powerful force. 

Tokoyami continued racing down several more streets while dragging Asui behind him. The number of villains or the fact they could be overpowered wasn't the reason he kept running. His mind raced with one thought. I have to get her somewhere safe before the sun sets. If not, she might...

But, it was too late. The last bits of sunlight disappeared over the horizon as shadows emerged on the streets. The villains drew closer and where about to advance when Dark Shadow appeared. He attacked quickly and mercilessly. Tokoyami's nails dug into Asui's wrist as she looked up to see his face writhed with pain. The pain from trying to control the rampaging Dark Shadow was too much for Tokoyami to handle. He slowly started blacking out but heard a voice calling out just as he lost consciousness. 

It's been six months since that night and Tokoyami still hasn't fully recovered. He was out of school for several weeks due to extensive wounds he received from Dark Shadow. None of his classmates bring up that night to avoid opening old, unhealed wounds. 

Tokoyami walked down a shaded path leading towards a hill over looking the ocean. From the top of the hill, you could see the beauty of the ocean and the city while being swept away on the sweet scent of the wind. This place had a calming effect and was the only place that Tokoyami felt like he didn't have to hide some part of himself. 

He glanced down at the bouquet of dark and light pink flowers in his hand and smiled sadly. HE slowed stumbled under a willow tree where a gravestone stood bathed in half light and half shadow. As he placed the flowers in a small vase, tears streamed down his cheeks. Hidden in the shadows was a weeping Dark Shadow. He cried and pleaded quietly, "Asui, please forgive me! I'm sorry for all of this! All I wanted was for you to see and love me for me. Please come back..." 

"Dark Shadow, it's time to go. Asu-...Tsuyu isn't coming back." Tokoyami clenched his fist. "She died the night on the street because of me. Now, all we can do is become strong enough to prevent that same mistake from happening again."

So, that took a few unexpected turns. Probably not that good but I was going for something a little different. The ship of Tokoyami x Asui was requested by VilosaLight. I kinda added more of Dark Shadow to this. I hope you enjoy.