Kirishima x Bakugo

Unlikely Bonds

It was the first day of classes of the new school year at UA, the best hero school around. I could barely contain my excitement to, not only have pro heroes as teachers, but to meet so many students with awesome and manly quirks. I had been dreaming of and working hard for this day for as long as I could remember. I stood in front of the door that led to Class 1-A with excitement flowing through my veins. When I opened the door I was met by an unusual scenario.

"Deku! What the hell is a quirkless loser like you doing here?!" An ash blonde haired guy with fiery red eyes had explosions coming out of his hands as he yelled at a scared, green haired boy. Apparently they knew each other and one of them wasn't happy to see the other. I wasn't sure if this was normal but I had to do something or things would end badly. I ran between the two and smiled at the ash blonde, showing my pointed teeth.

"Dude, maybe you need chill. No one here is trying to pick a fight with you. After-all, it is only the first day and no one wants to make enemies right off the bat." Fewer explosions came from his hands as he stared at me, "Who the hell are you, weird hair? The damn peacekeeper?" "Hey! Your hair isn't that much different from mine! The name's Eijirou Kirishima and you are?" He glared at me for a few more moments before turning around to sit at his desk with his legs slung over it.

I felt a small tap on my shoulder. "Thank you for stepping in, Kirishima. Kacchan has always treated me like that. By the way, I'm Izuku Midoriya and he's Katsuki Bakugo." After Midoriya thanked me, the bell rang for class to start. We were given a lecture about the school and using our quirks. The whole time I could only think about why Bakugo could be so mean to his childhood friend.

Lunch had rolled around and as I scanned the cafeteria for a place to sit I noticed Bakugo sitting by himself in the corner of the room. I walked up waving to him, "Hey, Katsuki, wanna eat together?" He stared daggers at me, "What the hell did you call me, weird hair?!" I sighed, "I called you by your name. I thought we could get to know each other and become friends." He kept staring at me like I had said the most outlandish thing. "I don't need friends." Well, he didn't yell at me that time so that must be good. I shook my head and sat across from him as we ate in silence.

Time went on and everyone slowly became accustomed to UA and the wide variety of characters that made up Class 1-A. It took some time but slowly Bakugo started calming down to the point he would sit with me, Kaminari, Sero and Ashido at lunch. He even seemed to get along with Midoriya better. Well, he wasn't threatening to blow his head off every time that Midoriya said something or when he started rambling.

One day, after an intense training session, everyone was in the classroom reflecting on how strong they were getting and how they were understanding their quirks better. Denki put his arm around my shoulders laughing, "Man, I can't believe how powerful I feel right now. I don't short circuit as quickly as I used to!" I sighed and picked my bag up as I headed towards the door. "Kirishima, is something wrong?" Denki's question had drawn everyone's attention.

"It's just...Everyone seems to have such manly and flashy quirks while mine isn't that showy. On top of that, all of you seem to be growing stronger and are learning more about yourselves and different ways to use your quirks." I looked down sighing again and turned walking out of class towards the school's entrance. As I got closer to the entrance I heard someone yell at me. "Hey, weird hair!'

I looked over my shoulder to see Bakugo walking towards me. "What's up, Katsuki?" He stopped in front of me and looked at me with a look I hadn't seen him have before. He grabbed me by the collar with one hand and had small explosions coming out of the other. "What the hell is wrong with you? Saying your quirk isn't manly or that is isn't showy like other people's, that's the only damn thing about you that isn't manly." I stared at him wide eyed and wondered why he was here saying all of this. "5 am tomorrow morning in the field next to the park. Be there!" Bakugo growled as he shoved me backward and walked away leaving me standing there in shock.

"It's too early," I mumbled to myself as I walked towards the park. It was just before 5 am and I wanted to know what Bakugo had wanted when he told me to be here. I never woke up this early and didn't feel like styling my hair so I left it down and threw a beanie on before leaving. When I got to field, I saw Bakugo stretching while looking around. "Katsuki," I yawned. When he turned to look at me I saw he had a tired expression like he hadn't gotten much or any sleep.

"Best be lucky that you're on time. If not, I would have blown your head off after I found out where you lived." He seemed different this morning and I still wasn't sure why we out here. I rubbed my eyes, "Why did you tell me to meet you here this early?" As Bakugo turned, I saw him form a fist and knew he was going to punch me. Without thinking I hardened my body moments before his fist collided with my stomach. "You wanted to be more manly, right, weird hair? Being the nice friend that I am, I'm going to help you work on building up your stamina." I stood staring in shock at him.

Several weeks had passed and each morning at 5 am Bakugo and I would meet up in the field next to the park to train. Since Bakugo never held back, it was easy for me to start pushing myself harder and harder to learn more about my quirk while also improving my stamina. Early morning practices weren't the only things Bakugo helped me work on. When exams had rolled around he agreed to tutor me even though I got my head beat every time I missed a question or did something wrong.

We had just finished training and were laying in the grass as the sun was rising over the horizon. "Hey, Katsuki. Why did you do all of this for me?" The question caught him off guard as he glanced over at me. "I remembered you mentioned it was because of you being such a great friend but I never imagined you would help me out everyday. And, I'm not just talking about the training but being a great tutor and hanging out with me so much."

Bakugo's cheeks began to redden as he sat up, "Listen up! I'm only saying this once and that's it! You said you and your quirk weren't that manly but the day I met you and the way you held your ground against me showed me that you are manly. You're just too much of a damn idiot to even notice anything! And..." He trailed off.

"And what?" I sat up to see his entire was redder than my hair. "He grabbed my collar and pulled me close to him. "And, maybe I wanted to get to know the damn idiot that I couldn't stop thinking about! The same weird haired, red eyed moron that doesn't even notice when someone has a crush on him!" My jaw dropped as I stared at him in shock. His face, neck and ears were now red to the point that he might explode. He shoved me back and began stalking away. I was still staring when he turned his back towards me. "Kiri, get up here! I'm hungry and all the best places are about to open. You're paying, weird hair!" I laughed as I dashed after him.

Okay, this one sort of got really long and I have no idea why. Hopefully future ones will be shorter with a lot more fluff. I hope you at least enjoyed it! Maybe? If not, I'll try to do better next time!