Because I Love You

With a scratch to his wrist I was able to break free of his grip. I ran fast, but my legs felt weak as I heard his footsteps taunting me.

He hummed a toon that was familiar to my ears. A childrens song; one I used to sing often as a kid.

"Come out come out where ever you are~" his voice echoing through the dark alleyways.

"Shit." A dead end.

My mind rambled solutions: I could climb the fence, but how long would that take? I could turn around, run straight at him and try to fight? I-

"There you are." 

I pressed my back against the wire fence, finding the courage to accept my fate.

"Its not nice to scratch people, darling. You really hurt me." He smirked, slowly stepping closer.

"You weren't trying to hurt me, were you? Because that would be a very bad idea." He was face to face with me now.

I shut my eyes tight as my body shook with fear. He grabbed my chin roughly and pulled me towards him.

"Aw come on now, let me see those pretty eyes of yours. You know they're my favorite thing about you." I felt his fingers dig deeper into my skin as I winced in pain, causing my eyes to flicker open.

"That's a good girl." He brought the heavy weapon in his hand up to my view, then sighed.

"Hmm" he pondered, pulling the gun away and itching the side of his head with it.

"Do I want to play with you a bit more or am I getting bored?" He asked himself.

"Wh-why are you doing this?" I murmured.

He looked at me with an innocent and surprised gaze "isn't it obvious?"

Confusion doused my face, "what?"

He then removed his hand from my chin to my cheek, rubbing his thumb against my temple. "Its because I love you."

My eyes widened as I heard a loud bang followed by a intense amount of pressure in my stomach. A hot liquid pour into my hands as I clenched the pain and the metallic smell of my blood lingered as my body hit the cold pavement.

"I love you sooo much." Was the last thing I heard.