Chapter 2- The Tower

Tony woke up Peter. The boy's eyes were red and he looked like a total mess. 

When was the last time he ate? What will Peter say? Will he agree? Tony's mind was filled with uncomfortable thoughts, and he hated being uncertain, and having a fifteen year old kid to care for will leave a few new grey hairs. 

He walked Peter towards the Tower. The boy had his head down, as if afraid. They entered the lift together which took them to the 60th floor. The lift doors opened and Peter entered the living-room where Captain America and Black Widow were talking discreetly on the sofa, Clint and Sam were playing some video game. Wanda and Vision were discussing something by the table. 

They all turned towards Tony and Peter.

"Whose this?" Clint asked, standing up.

"This is Spider-Man." Peter was surprised he was referred to as a superhero. But then he figured out it was the only name by which the Avengers knew him. He was meeting the Avengers! How cool was that! For a moment he forgot about Aunt May, and he just stood there, mouth open, gazing at the people he admired for so long.

"So that's underoos?" Sam said. "What's your real name?"

"Peter Parker." Peter said. Freakin' Captain America came up to him and shook his hand.

"Hi, I'm Steve." he said.

"Wow. I'm seriously your biggest fan." Peter started. Soon he met the entire team, except Bruce who was away somewhere unknown with Thor and Rhodes who was away for some military reason. Tony took him to his new room.

"That's your new room, kid. You need anything, something happens, you feel bad, you come to me or anyone from the team. We are here for you, you are no bother at all. I told Happy to get your things from...the other place... they should be here any moment." Tony said. There was a moment of silence. Peter was looking at him feet, and Tony was standing by the door.

"Thank- you for everything, Mr- Tony." Peter muttered. "I don't know how to thank you."

"Don't, it's nothing." Tony replied. Just then Happy came round the corner.

"Got your things, kid." Happy said placing them near the door. "These are all your clothes. I'm bringing the books tomorrow." 

"Thanks, Happy." Peter thanked him.

"You need any help?" Tony asked. Peter unzipped his suitcase.

"I'm aright." Peter responded.

"I'll call you for lunch. You need anything come to the living-room." Tony said, leaving Peter.

Peter sighed and looked round his new room. It was amazing. A brand new Stark computer was standing on his desk. Everything was so modern and brand new. Peter started unpacking his things and placing them in his wardrobe. After he hid his suitcase he lay on his bed. Nothing could stop the tears from falling now. He hid his face in a pillow, slowly letting the grief take over him. It was all his fault. It was all his fault that May died. How could he enjoy himself now without her? He wasn't worth Tony. He wasn't worth Tony's time. He was a burden to everyone. And everyone that cared for him died. His parents, Uncle Ben, now Aunt May, he couldn't let anyone else die because of him! He felt like a monster.

Half an hour later, Tony went to Peter's room to call him for lunch. He found the kid on his bed, hiding his face in a pillow.

"Kid? It's lunch." Tony said. Peter sat up. "I told you to call me if anything happened." he said seeing Peter's red eyes and wet face. 

"I...don't...want to be a...bother, Tony. I don't deserve all this. Everyone around me gets killed, I don't want you or the team to suffer because...of me." Peter whispered. Tony sat next to him and put a hand round him. 

"You are NOT a bother, Peter. We are all here for you. You tell us if anything's wrong. We are here all the time, kid." Tony told him. "Come on now, Steve cooked burgers." 

Peter just smiled.