Seduced

His eyes are dark, brown on the verge of black. His demeanor is somber; shadows and darkness. Evil pumps through his veins, madness is built in his bones, and anger keeps his heart beating. I knew him in a time where he was once good; when he smiled and laughed with me. But that was only before he succumbed to the darkness many years ago.

We cross paths again, children we are no longer. I am afraid of him. His face is stone, his mouth uneven. He tells me he has been looking for me. I tell him I have been hiding from him. He tells me he has slaughtered people to find my location. I tell him I have been paying people to hide me in sunlight, a place he would never go. He asks if I have ever missed him, if I ever forgot about our short but powerful love. I tell him we were children. He tells me we were not.

Soulmates, that is what he calls us; two threads destined to be intertwined. I tell him he is crazy. He tells me he knows I know the truth. He says I have been running from the fact that our hearts beat to the same rhythm; I have been burying the truth because I know I secretly love him back; I have been hiding because the truth is inescapable. He takes his large hand into my own even though I am laying on the floor and he is perched on a throne. His dark irises flood into my head and I close my eyes trying to forget the time where we once proclaimed to be wed.

I ask him if he has any light left in him, because the only reason we crossed paths was because he sought me out, kidnapped me. I am just a simple girl, and he is the king of the galaxy, a vicious ruler. He says I am the only tie he has to the light, that I am his weakness, his poison. I ask if he is going to kill me. He says no.

He urges me to stand before his court, the eyes of his subjects watching curiously. He tucks a hair behind my ears and creases my cheek. I pull away. I feel him. I have always felt him. But darkness, it swarms around him like a cloak. It attaches to him like a leech. And I am made, born from the light. I tell him that is why I ran away. He tells me that is why, after all these years, he wished to find me alive and intact.

He tells me he is not going to let me go again. I tell him if he loves me he won't keep me prisoner. He says he loves me so much that he can't lose me, not again. I will rule in a throne besides him. I will learn to accept that we are soulmates.

Escape, it is not an option. I see the lushburning in his eyes. He won't let me leave his sight. This place might never be a home to me. Wemight sleep in the same bed, hold hands in the street, or make love in-betweenthe sheets, but I will never love you Ben until you can find the light. I willnever love you Ben until you can love me the way you use to before until thedarkness tempted you, seduced you.