Family Means

Third person POV

Nikki, age two, outside with her father.

As Nikki was playing with her toys in a small sandbox as her father, Jeff walked over and smiled. He picked the small girl up and held her close.

"Baba?" Nikki giggled as she hugged her fathers neck. Today was her second birthday, and her father had something sinister planned for his daughter.

"Its your birthday baby girl. You ready for a fun party?" Jeff asked as he carried her into the woods. Grace, her mother, was out shopping for a cake and some clothes for little Nikki, while Jeff was left to babysit.

"Baba!!!" Nikki yelled as she smiled grabbing onto her father's shirt and snuggling in.

"Thats right baby, we're gonna go celebrate your birthday with some of daddy's work friends." Jeff continued to walk until he was at a large tree. The largest tree in the forest. After knocking a few times on the tree, to notify is "work friends", he continued walking until he was stopped by a face he hated.

"What the hell do you think you're doing with my daughter?" Jason snapped as he blocked the way.

"Sense when is she your daughter? Grace married me, so that kinda makes Nikki my daughter. not to mention she looks nothing like you, plus she has never been in contact with you, so why would she be your kid? " Jeff smirked as he shoved past Jason.

"Jaja?" Nikki asked as she looked up at the toymaker. Someone had messed with her memories and added some memories of Jason, before Jeff came into the picture. Jason looked at her shocked as Nikki smiled and giggled, reaching out for him.

"Jeff, look. " Jason laughed as Nikki tried getting away from Jeff, to her real father.

"JaJa!!! Jaja is d-da.... Dada!!" Nikki cried out as she reached out for her real father, crying and squirming.

"Nikki shut up! He's not your dad! I am. Remember? Baba?" Jeff tried as he turned the girl to face him. Nikki growled at Jeff and snapped at him as little fire flies moved to surround her. The glowing bugs moved around her, taking her away from Jeff and encasing her in light.

One glow bug landed on the infant's nose, causing her to giggle as she looked at the others in amazement. Her eyes where bright with happiness as she stared at the beautiful bugs before her. Some of them moved closer to her and changed colors, showing her pictures of a redwood colored wolf, a light gray and white wolf, and finally a brown dirt colored wolf. The wolf of dirt moved closer to her, placing its nose on hers. Nikki closed her eyes and hugged the muzzle of the dirt wolf. The wolf closed its eyes as the fireflies glowed brighter than before, blinding the two adult males around them. Nikki was gently lowered towards Jason, and when the fireflies moved away from her she had two little wolf ears and a tail. Nikki looked up at her father and smiled happily, squealing and giggling as she looked up at the male.

"Fine... Bring her back to the house within the week. I'll let her mother know..." Jeff growled in defeat as he turned his back and walked back to the house. Jason looked down at Nikki and pulled her close, hugging her close to his chest. Nikki giggled as she snuggled into his clothing, closing her eyes and smiling as she fell asleep. A blue door appeared within the large tree and Jason entered it, looking down at his daughter the entire time, happy to hold her in his arms.