The tragic Truth

"Well... I am... um.. Your father Nikki..." Jason said, looking at me. I looked at him in disbelief.

"Okay, no more funny talk, what was he talking about?" I asked. As much as I want to believe it, I can't. I just can't.

"Nikki. I'm telling the truth." Jason said as he looked up behind me.

"N-no... you can't be.... I'm nothing like you!" I stood up and paced through the living room, I have no idea how handle this. I mean, suddenly being told that someone else is your father after almost 18 years of pain.... I-I just can't believe it....

"It's true Nikki... I'm sorry that he didn't tell you until now, but you are Jason's daughter...." I looked up at Jack, tears in my eyes.

"So... you mean to tell me that I've been living with a fake father, and you never thought to take me away from here? Never thought to take Nate and I away from Jeff?!" I snapped at Jason, feeling guilty for doing so, but also releaved for saying that.

"I wasn't going to do that to your mother...." Jason said, looking down.

"My mother was if not as bad as Je-"

"YOU'RE MOTHER WAS A RESPECTABLE WOMAN!!!! I will not sit here and let you degrade her down to the level of that rat you've had to call father." Jason yelled, standing up, his eyes a slight green. I shrank down a little bit, not knowing what to do, and not wanting to make Jason mad. But then I remembered why I was fighting with him and stood my ground again.

"Yeah, she was. But now she's"

"I'm what?" A voice called from the front door. I turned around and nearly lost my lid. My mother was standing in the doorway of the front door.

"M-mom? What are you doing here?" I asked shocked. I sort of knew why Jeff was here, but I don't know why my mother was here.

"I quit because it was hurting you more than Jeff said it would..." She mumbled as she took her shoes and coat off.

"Quit what?! What the hell have you people been keeping from me?!" I yelled at everyone. This is all too much to take in right now. I can't really take it.

"Killing.... Out there I'm known as the red Queen. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you, and now he wants you for himself...." My mom trailed off. Jason got up and walked over to her.

"What are we going to do? She's not safe there, and here she'll be attacked by the others...."

"I don't know.... Here is not the place for this though. I'm assuming you told her that you are her father?"

"Yes, she's taking it harder than I thought she would."

"Yeah, the hell do you expect Jason?" I snapped, crossing my arms and leaning my weight onto one foot.

"Jack, I need you to take Nikki to a hotel and get a room for tonight. Do you understand me?" My mother looked past me and at Jack.

"Yes ma'am." Jack said, running up to my room.

"Hello I'm here still people!! The hell is happening?!" I snapped as I glared at everyone.

"Nikki, Jack'll tell you when you get to the hotel room. Am I understood?" Mom looked at me. Her eyes held more athority than they did before when Jeff was around. I nodded and sat down. Well, I mean, if my mother is here to stay, might as well tell her about Jack and I. 

"Well, I'm sorry for yelling mom. And um... Jack and I um...."

"I know. I can feel the love between the two of you. And the confusion. Along with some other feelings that you two are not aware of yet. But you will be soon... So that is another reason as to why I'm making you two go to a hotel. Now, relax the two of you and have fun. I trust your judgement Nikki so if Jack tries anything you don't like, I trust you to stop him." I looked at my mother dumbfounded. "I'm the red Queen, or the Queen of hearts. I can sense emotions and I can use said emotions against others. You, however, don't have to worry, you're my daughter after all. "