Play date

My ear twitched as something blew past it lightly. I opened my eyes and looked up, seeing Jack asleep, his breath hitting my ear. I stood up and jumped off the bed, wincing at the pain from the jolt of landing. My claws tapping against the hardwood floor as I snuck out of the room and into the floor's living room. I caught the sent of someone unfamiliar and immediately got into a defensive posture. I snarled as a little girl came from the bathroom, holding a teddy bear. She was awfully small, looking to be only about five or six. She wore a pastel pink nightgown, had brunette hair down to her shoulders, and had bright emerald green eyes. Blood fell from her hair and she looked at me with curiosity.

"Did Lj get a doggy?" She tilted her head to the side. I stopped snarling and sat down, looking at her cautiously. She stepped closer and looked me up and down, before reaching out her hand to pet me. I pulled back words and gave her hand a slight glare. "Come on doggy. I just want to pet you." She smiled and her bear moved slightly.

I stood up and snarled at the bear as it pulled out of her hand and stood up on it's own. I shifted from a wolf to human with my ears and tail and looked down at the girl and her bear.

"Charly be nice. The doggy just turned into a girl! Maybe she can play with me!!" The girl looked excited as she picked up the bear and hugged it. I knelt down to her level and smiled.

"Hi, I'm Nikki." I held out my hand for her to shake. She looked at me with curiosity before taking my hand and shaking it happily.

"I'm Sally. And this is my bear Charly!" She held up her bear after shaking my hand and looked up at me with her big green eyes.

"Are you okay? You have blood dripping from your head." I said as I reached up, wiping some of the blood away from her eye. She closed her eyes, then opened them when I pulled my hand back.

"I'm okay. Are you a mommy?" She asked innocently, tilting her head to the side. I giggled and smiled.

"No I'm not. Why do you ask?" I asked as I sat down on the ground. She crawled over to me and made her way to my lap where she sat down and looked up at me.

"Because you seem like you would be a nice mommy. Do you wanna be my mommy?" She asked as her eyes filled with hope. I was shocked, she just met me and she wants me to be her mother?

"Um, you just met me. Do you really want me to be your mommy?" I asked, leaning back a little bit and putting my hands on the floor.

"Yeah! I want you to be my mommy! Jane said she would be my mommy but she's not as nice as you are!" Sally giggled, hugging me tightly. I stiffened up and whimpered at the pain on my sides. "did I hurt you? I'm sowy!!"

"No, i-it's okay. I got hurt yesterday. A big meany attacked me. And if you really want me to, I'll be your mommy." I said as I moved some of her hair behind her ear.

"Yay!!! Is Lj the big meany? He's big and he's mean to me." Sally went from being the happiest girl on Earth to pouting. 

"No, Lj is the one who swooped in and saved me from the big meany. And how is he mean to you?" I tilted my head to the side.

"He won't give me candy!" She cried out. I smiled and hugged her.

"How about I give you some candy instead of Lj?" I asked as I picked her up, standing up myself and carried her over to the couch where I sat down, her still in my lap.

"Okay!" She beamed as I pulled out a jolly rancher and handed it to her. Sally quickly pulled it out of the wrapper and popped it into her mouth. "thank you Mommy!! Can you turn into a doggy?"

"Yes I can. See. "I giggled as I shifted into a wolf and put my head on her lap. She smiled and pet my head before hugging my neck and putting her head on my hunches.