Chapter 1

A/N: I write on this Book occasionally but it is not a regular thing and I don't have normal increments so just bear with me I update when I get inspired. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy writing. Please comment feedback , negative or positive.

I am writing this because there is not another book out there like this one, and I want a book with a satisfactory ending, finally! I hope you enjoy.

There were three seconds left in the hockey game, and we were tied. I had the puck on the blue line. The other team had pulled their goalie and I had an open shot, right as I shot the puck, I fell over. I was in immediate pain and I screamed. It turned out that one of the players on the other team decided to come and run into me. I got up and threw a swift right hook at her, knocking her out. My coach took me to the first aid room, luckily it was just a badly bruised rib, and I could keep playing as soon as I felt up to it.

I went to the locker room, and the entire team was yelling and congratulating me on the game winning shot. I was pretty happy. It was the last game of the year and we had just won the championship. I was slightly upset when I realized that I only have one more season left of high school hockey, and that I probably wasn't good enough for college.

As I walked out, a man in a suit ran up to me. "You're Harper, right?"

"Yes sir, did you need something" I was confused, maybe he just needed a statement from the captain, me.

"Yes, I do need something. I need you to come to Blindsdorth Academy next year and play for us."

"Sir, that's the best school in country for girl's ice hockey, but it's also in New York, and that's a long way from here, My parents would never move across the country. Thanks for the offer though."

"I realize it is a long way, but you do know that it is a boarding school, right? All traveling expenses would be paid for you to go home on breaks, and it would be a full ride scholarship, all the way down to uniforms. Please take my card and talk it over with your parents, we would be honored to have you"

I took the card and put it in my pocket and went out to my car, a 2014 limited edition Mercedes-Benz convertible. It was a sweet sixteen birthday present from my dad. When I got home, it was 8, so I went and showered. When I was finally changed and comfortable, I grabbed my laptop and went into the living room to watch the LA Kings play. My dad was in there and asked how the game went, and we chatted for a while. He ever goes to my games, he doesn't like the fact that I play hockey. He wished he had a girly girl, not me. I wouln't say that I dress and act like a guy, then again you will never see my in dress. I thought about telling him about the boarding school, but decided to wait, He seemed to be in a pretty good mood.

I got text from my best friend, Maddy. "You played great today! How are your ribs? That was a really cheap shot she gave you, what a bitch."

"I'm fine just glad we won :)"

I decided to head to bed early, since it was a Sunday night.

I hit the damn alarm to shut it off, it read 5 AM. I forgot to set it to 6:30. There was usually an early morning practice but now the season was over, so I could sleep a while longer. I invited the whole team over for breakfast, so I reset my alarm to six. Before I went back to sleep, I texted our family chef.

"Would you PLEASE cook pancakes for 16 hungry girls?"

"sure. But you owe me one Harper!"

I rolled back over and went to sleep,

There was a bunch of knocking on my door and then the team decided to just come in. They all yelled "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS! WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!"

I smiled and got up, we all went down to the kitchen, and Marcus was just finishing up on the pancakes.

We all grabbed a plate and went into the dining room to eat.

Maddy said" I am so sad the season is over, but I don't miss morning practices!"

Everyone agreed, they were awful. But then again, that is how we won the championship.

After everyone finished, I went up to my room to get ready. I'm about 6 foot, solid muscle, I even have abs. I have a dark fauxhawk much to my father's dismay.

I went down stairs and I saw my dad, I had the business card in my hand and I thought this would be a good time to tell him about Blindsworth Academy.

"Hey dad, can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Sure, what is it Harper?"

"I got a scholarship offer from a school in New York to play hockey for them next season. Can I do it? It's the best team in the country and would pretty much gaurentee me a spot for a college team."

"I think that's a great idea. I was going to bring that up later tonight. It will also give you more independece."