Chapter 20-Just a Dream

I awoke with a start. Sweat glistening off my skin, as the rays of sunlight made its way into my room. I felt my face, to feel streams of tears flowing down my cheeks and as well as dried up tears. My heaving chest seemed to calm down a bit, to just deep, long pants. Looking towards the digital alarm clock on my nightstand, I let out a sigh.

6:32, why the hell am I up so early?!

I mentally grumbled, but then the memories of my dream.. Well, more like nightmare, hit me straight on.

The blood, the mutilated bodies...

I shook my head sideways, in an attempt to rid of my thoughts. I should take my early awakening as a blessing, for now I don't need to suffer the memories of that time. I heaved out a sigh once again, and made my way out of bed. Stretching, I turn to grab my phone and to see that I had a few new notifications.

3 New messages from Megan, a call from dad, and another call from Ronnie.

I checked the time of the calls, to see that it was from yesterday. While doing so, I checked the messages from Megan. Only to see that she just wanted to know if all was fine with us.

I reply with a quick text about us being all good, and make my way to my unpacked luggage. Sifting through the clothing, I grabbed the clothes I planned to wear for the day.

Stumbling towards the bathroom, I flicked on the lights. The sudden brightness caused me to stumble backwards and land on my butt, but I soon picked myself up. Placing my things down, I began to strip off my clothing from yesterday, and head into the shower.

                               §

I had finished up with my morning routine, now dressed in a pair of shorts with lace trimming and a simple blue high-low shirt. My black converse making soft thumps as I journey downstairs and make my way into the kitchen. Arriving at the kitchen, my appetite had seemed to vanish, so a simple apple sufficed for the time being.

I let out a deep breath, as I thought back over the things that have been recently happening. I muttered a curse, as my head begun to throb. Throwing the core of the apple, I turn towards the refrigerator.

I'm pretty sure they are still sleeping, so I might as well cook them something to eat.

With that thought, I begun to make breakfast for everyone. The eggs were cooked faster than the other things, so I set it aside as I tended to the rest. My back was faced towards the entryway, so when I heard the soft patter of feet, I turned to see Ron with bed head.

Stifling a laugh, I turn back around to tend to the bacon that was sizzling on the skillet. I felt her presence behind me, as she let out a delightful squeal.

Oh yeah, she loves bacon.

I shook my head, and turn around to grin at the goofball. Her blonde hair was sticking out all over her head, her eyelids seemed to still be drooping from waking up and her clothes were wrinkled everywhere.

"Well don't you look attractive." I stated sarcastically, as a smile danced onto my lips. She let out a snort of annoyance, and I giggle at her response.

"So attractive that Zac Efron would go for me." She sassily replies back, and I turn around just in time to see her pose dramatically. I burst out into laughing, as does she. Our laughter died down quickly, and I turned around to place the food onto another plate for everyone to grab from.

Two pairs of thumping could be heard, and soon both of our parents emerged from the entryway and into the dining room. I was just setting down the plates for them to eat from, and the utensils. Along with the food of course, and they stared at me in a questioning manner.

"Woke up early for some reason." I reply to their stares, giving a shrug of my shoulders as well. They just nod their heads, and sit down at the dining table along with Ronnie.

I turn to the kitchen, and stride towards my phone that rested on the island. A new notification popped up once I picked it up, and I opened the text questionably. The text was from Max, and the message shocked me.

To the point where I let out a huge gasp, as a hand clamps over my mouth. My eyes widens, as I re-read the message over and over again.

*Text Message From Max*

To: Clarissa

From: Max

Text:

Bad news... Mike and Michael were captured during the night. Don't know how, or who is holding them hostage.

Meet at Café asap..

"What the hell is going on?!"